Does BullGuard Provide Security Against Facebook Ads Scams?by William Sonalina Bullguard Contact Support UK
BullGuard not only secures your device but your social media accounts too including Facebook. Facebook accounts hacking have become very famous because of Ads scam. Facebook has become one of the desired methods to implement social engineering attacks and some of these scams are a small part of the bigger online Ad pricing technique. In this, webmasters have set a goal to make more money from their web traffic.
Table Of Content:
- WebMaster and Facebook Hacks
- Deep analysis of Facebook Survey Scam
- Cleaning Facebook Survey Scam
WebMaster and Facebook Hacks
Webmaster is something which is actually responsible to maintain the websites which also consists of maximizing traffic. In addition to this, the main purpose for many of them is to collect as much income as possible from the ad space they sell. To achieve that, webmasters will beat deals that turn the user actins, clicks and download and many more into precious communication. BullGuard Provide Security Against Facebook Ads Scams so, install it now and get comprehensive protection.
Deep analysis of Facebook Survey Scam
Commonly, Facebook survey scammers grow with this thread: exposure of eye-catchy messages/prompts, spreading the message, clicking on the jackpot, and Internet Security will be breached successfully.
1. Exposure- The very initial step in the common Facebook Survey scam is to share malicious links on the Facebook walls that will move together by alluring messages that will grab the attention of the users. Commonly such messages will exploit the human emotions and the four kinds of leveraging messages they use are:
Exclusive news about world events and celebrities- OMG! Hurry Up!, Amazing/YAY! Justin Beiber got an accident, Japan Tsunami sucks the entire village, along with some edited video.
- Free Products or Gift Cards- Check out this! You get a Free iPad AND a $500 Secret gift card
- A new feature of Facebook- See who has viewed your profile or stalking you on Facebook
- Sensational Content about some outstanding facts- ‘OMG! Have you seen this and something like this with the fake news?
2. Diffusion- When the message grabs your attention, you will be tempted to click on such a link to see the photo/video, that is beneficial from the free gift by making use of the fake feature of Facebook. You will be asked to like/comment/share on the link or the page which it leads to, or just install the Facebook app or downloading a file.
3. Jackpot- When you trust such prompts, you will be asked to fill a survey to claim the jackpot. If you don’t know, every time a victim completes a survey, the scammers get paid for this. They usually claim that you have to complete an anti-spam measure to prove that you are a human, not a robot. Further, the details which you have provided can be used by hackers and marketers, or identity thieves.
Cleaning Facebook Survey Scam
If you have seen exhilarating words like ‘Amazing’, ‘Shocking, ‘OMG’ on the Facebook wall of your friend then, ignore the messages and the promotional content. Also, if there is a grammatical error or incorrect punctuation or misspelled words in them then, you might be dealing with the survey scam of Facebook.
It is really great to have safe browsing techniques using BullGuard Secure browser on your PC. This browser will flag all the safe websites and links on the Facebook wall and will keep you completely secure against such scams.
If a Facebook survey asks you for sensitive details like your full name, address, or phone number then, it is definitely a scam survey. Just avoid such links for internet privacy and security and if you have downloaded an app from such prompts then, remove it from your account.
If you have shared, liked, or commented on a message unknowingly with a link for a survey scam then, go to the profile and find the Share/Like/Comment and then, remove it.
If you just have downloaded files to the PC then, use BullGuard antivirus and conduct a full scan on your system. BullGuard Internet Security comes with a dual antivirus engine that effectively detects all kinds of internet threats and it doesn’t matter how new or old they are.
Install BullGuard Internet Security on your PC which can easily detect, block, and also remove any kind of malware. This internet security suite is really the best ‘anti-malware removal tool as it has the capability to collect the widest line-up of internet security features having antivirus, antiphishing, and firewall as well.
Source Url: https://bullguard-customer-service.webflow.io/blog/does-bullguard-provide-security-against-facebook-ads-scams
Created on Oct 1st 2021 07:57. Viewed 162 times.