Does BullGuard protect Office 365 users against scams?by William Sonalina Bullguard Contact Support UK
Office 365 users are vulnerable and they are being targeted by cunning and vast phishing campaigns. Such phishing is designed specifically to steal the usernames and passwords of Office 365 users. BullGuard helps to protect Office 365 users against cunning scams and fraud.
Table Of Content:
- How do these cunning scams work?
- Scams prevention tips to keep in mind
- Install BullGuard Internet Security Software on the device
- Wrap Up-
How do these cunning scams work?
The attack generally uses multiple links and click on the results that appear in the redirections series which lead the victims to the Google reCAPTCHA page that will become the reason behind a bogus login page where Office 365 credentials will get stolen. BullGuard protect Office 365 users against scams and comes with a few prevention tips which are mentioned in this post.
This certain attack depends on the email marketing and sales tool that is known as ‘open redirects’. Unfortunately, the attack depends on the suggestion for the users to locate over a link in the email for checking the destination before clicking in it that reveals whether the email is a scam or authentic.
If the email recipient will hover their cursor over the button or link in the email, they appear in the full URL. Because the attacks have used open redirect links that use a trusted service and the users will see a trusted domain name that is linked with the company which they know and actually trusts. Such a website domain has a malicious link that will redirect the people to a webpage that grabs their credentials.
Online public sale fraud is one of the most common types of online fraud. And obvious buyers are the most affected and some have been delivered damaged products or no products at all. Others have had their bank accounts or credit cards get hacked. The command can be fun, exciting and can result in an awesome agreement.
But BullGuard Internet Security dangers you are experienced with when command even on trusted auction sites are numerous. This is the reason; it is very important which you take some precautionary measures before schemes.
Scams prevention tips to keep in mind
What payment method do you have to prefer? When it comes to money, the preference is out and security is in. The most famous payment for the items purchased at online auction – and suggested by internet security experts is through the trusted third-party payment services such as PayPal. This third-party payment service allows you to make safe and secure payments without providing credit card information to the sellers.
- The least confident method of payment is the one via wire transfers because you get nothing in receipt and the bank account number is visible to the seller.
- You should decide and make sure the payment method via third-party payment services only to ensure-
- Never use them from the Wi-Fi network in airports, coffee shops, or other public places, as these networks aren’t secured. They are open to the potential hackers who might get the internet security vulnerable to obstruct the transaction and redirect the transfers to their accounts as well.
- Never get trapped with email phishing scams as cyber crooks send phone emails on the behalf of popular payment services. They commonly say there is an issue with your account and ask for personal information such as bank account number and credit card, driver’s license, and password. But authorized third-party won’t do this ever.
Install BullGuard Internet Security Software on the device
When browsing the web for bargains, you might trap with internet security threats and scams, fake auction sites, malware-infected browser add-ins, phishing attempts, drive-by downloads, and many more. Before any harm, you should get BullGuard Internet security on your device. Apart from its state-of-the-art antivirus engine, it provides you with an Anti-phishing tool- a Spamfilter, a Firewall, and various other security features.
If you want to play it safe then, it is recommended to stay with trusted online auction sites and remember to do your research first and install the one which suits your need.
Source Url: https://bullguard-customer-service.webflow.io/blog/does-bullguard-protect-office-365-users-against-scams
Created on Oct 6th 2021 01:15. Viewed 178 times.