Digital Marketing Introduction: A Step-By-Step Guide - Savita Dokeby Savita Doke Content Writer
Digital Marketing – Introduction
Today’s time and the world of internet has opened a lot of doorways of an immense digital marketing opportunities for businesses. Nowadays it is very easy to gain clients, ROI and conversions for businesses by utilizing different channels of digital marketing. It is quite astonishing to see the speed of digital media and the way it transmits data and support to the assigned business. In this layman Digital Marketing E-Guide, each and every question will be asked to help grooming marketers to understand the basics of Digital Marketing, it’s functions and capabilities for optimizing various marketing campaigns. Here is the list of digital marketing agency in mumbai
Marketing and advertising are not the same as they once were because of the summit of online networking that has changed how business organizations speak with potential and existing consumers. Digital marketing is an aggregate jargon, which is used where marketing and advertising meet web innovation and various forms of online media platforms. Firstly, we shall have a better grip on the basics of Digital Marketing and let’s start with the introduction first.
Digital Marketing | Definition and Synopsis
Digital marketing can be described as a conversion-based, well targeted, calculated and communicative marketing of various products and services by using digital practices to achieve potential consumers or customers and acquiring them as clients in a sustainable way. The concept and techniques of Digital marketing are more competitively effective, result oriented and can be measured.
The traditional technique of marketing lets an organization or businesses market their products or firms on TV commercials, radio, print media or business cards. The traditional promotions have limited client reachability and less conversion potential. The results are less satisfactory and were not at all quantifiable. Let’s understand the core difference between Traditional Marketing & Digital Marketing.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing | Difference & Distinction
1. Communication is one-directional in this form of marketing wherein a business firm or organization communicates about its services with its target audience.
2. Phone calls, letters, and e-mails are the media of communication in traditional marketing.
3. Campaigns take more time as the process of preparing, designing and launching take time.
4. It is more suitable for the local audience.
5. It is next to impossible to measure the outcomes of a traditional marketing campaign.
1. The form of communication in Digital Marketing is multi-directional as firms or organizations can communicate with potential customers and customers in return can ask or give suggestions to the organizations or business firms.
2. Social media websites, apps, chats and Email are the powerful medium of communication that is used in Digital Marketing.
3. Measuring and developing digital campaigns quickly is easier using different marketing and digital tools.
4. It is the best marketing technique to reach audiences across the globe.
5. Through analytics, you can calculate the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign.
Digital Marketing achieves various targets of marketing through different Digital Marketing streams or channels.
To understand different digital marketing channels and their roles, we will go through the various aspects of a Digital Marketing Guide.
Digital Marketing | Channels and Platforms
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is a technique that involves the process of optimizing the design, structure and content of your website so that the Search Engines can crawl/index them with accuracy and positions the websites in the top 10 results of SERPs. SEO also involves unique promotional strategies that boost search engine ranking of your website. Here is the list of seo company in mumbai
How does a Search Engine Work?
Majority of the Search engine does- Spiders or Web Crawling, Displaying & Indexing.
Spiders & Crawlers: The spiders crawl over the web looking for content. Once the scanning process is finished by the spiders, they copy the searched content and store it I a search engine database. Following are the information fetched by the web crawlers-
1. Website URL
2. Title of the Website
3. Meta Tag Information
4. Web Page Content
5. Links on the page and the places they go
Indexing: Search Engines basically crawl and index the content of various web pages and moreover, keep the track of all the relevant pages in indices that are keyword-based. To rank a website, the search engine searches for the content of the page, Page URL, Domain Trust, Domain Age, Social Signals, Number, Topicality and the relevance of external links pointed towards the page and other factors.
Displaying: This is the final step in how a search engine works and the process involved in retrieving the best-matched results for the searched queries and then displaying it to the visitor.
Keywords | Role and Functions in SEO
Keywords play a very important role in Digital Marketing and a successful SEO. The visitor or user enters on the search bar to find relevant information. There are various terms and jargons associated with Keywords and they are:
• Keyword Density: Overstuffing of keywords can get your website penalized for spamming. For the best result, the keyword density should be around 3% to 7% for major keywords and 1% to 2% for minor keywords.
• Keywords for URL: You need to know that the slot for the first word should be the best position for a keyword in URL.
• Title Tag and the Keywords in it: The chosen keywords should be placed at the beginning of title tags, 10-60 characters. Special characters should be avoided.
• Keywords in description meta tag: Should be less than 200 characters
• Keywords in Keyword meta-tag: Should be less than 10 words
• Keywords in Headlines: Hx font style tags should be used appropriately.
• Link Building in SEO: It consists of Off-page and On-page optimization.
It is a marketing method or process of bringing up search engine rankings of your website by acquiring external links that point back to your website. The ranking of your website in SERPs depends on the number of quality links that can get to your webpage. Below are the qualities that a quality Backlink has:
1. Use of different anchor text
2. Avoiding black hat SEO
3. Good Domain Authority
4. Site Age that shows site stability
5. High Trust
6. High Relevance in the subject matter of the linking and destination domains
7. Use of Do-follow or No-follow links
8. Having Backlink from similar niche blog or website
9. Incoming links from high page rank webpage
The content and structure of the website determine On page optimization. It focuses on the following factors:
1. Good Internal Navigation
2. Adding description to images
3. Keyword frequency in the URL, Body Text and Headings
4. Unique title tags and Headlines
2. Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing comprises of various marketing strategies by using various social media channels as tools for boosting the exposure of a brand, targeting customers, conversions and returns. It can be executed by adding social media links to the content of the site eg. Sharing buttons and RSS feeds. Social media marketing can also be carried forward through tweets, blog posts, statuses, photos and so forth. SMM is considered as a second most important digital marketing strategy. Here is the list of social media agency in mumbai
• SMM helps an online business organization or firm to get feedback directly from their potential customers from social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Instagram and YouTube.
• The outcome and the end result depend on the interactions between the user and the business.
3. Online Paid Advertising
PPC or Pay Per Click is another important digital marketing technique that you need to go through and understand in the process of digital marketing. In this form of ad promotions, you have to pay each time a potential consumer or a user clicks your Ad. You have to pay according to the set bid amount through the most popular PPC program called Google AdWords. Here is the list of ppc services company in mumbai
• Understanding the purpose of your PPC campaign.
• Researching Keywords and Target Audiences
• Making your AdWords Campaigns better with competitor analysis.
• Keyword grouping, Sorting out Ad groups and Management.
• Facebook has its own unique PPC campaigns for advertising different products and services.
• Facebook gives you various options like Click to Website, Page Post Engagement, Page Likes, Paid Advertising and Website Conversion.
• Twitter ads can be directly incorporated right into the timeline of Twitter that allows ads fit in inherently by not spoiling the user’s experience.
• Twitter is considered to be highly competitive when it comes to promoting Ads and products.
• New Twitter Ads come with Download Options.
• Ads have Click to Call Button
• Hashtags, accounts and tweets can be promoted
• Twitter Cards
4. Web Analytics, Email & Mobile App Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most pocket-friendly marketing strategies to reach optimum users. Email marketing allows you to keep a track of the audience percentage who has shown the enthusiasm for your product or organization.
Advantages of email marketing are:
• Email marketing allows you to create permission-based listings for imminent email contacts and affirming their endorsement with a subsequent email.
• You can organize and structure chunk of emails by branding, subject, and schedule.
• You can also track the receivers of email campaigns; analyze the bounce rates and related details.
• It allows you to add graphics, videos, and test using attractive templates and editors.
• Another plus point is List management. This allows you to organize, sort, develop and manage a database of user email contact details.
Mobile App Marketing
Digital Marketing space is incomplete without mobile app marketing due to the growing prevalence of smart-phones. You should pay attention to the following pointers while building your mobile App.
• It is important that you optimize social media presence of your App by maintaining a steady audience growth on social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr and Instagram.
• To keep your users engaged you should put efforts on boosting an ongoing engagement by coming up with fresh content.
• Product Value determines the success of an app. If the product is good, its download rate will eventually increase without any effort.
Web Analytics helps you to quantify the marketing strategy, the number of individuals visited on a site, the frequency of the users, and the course they have chosen to come to your website. It helps Digital Marketers to make sense of their strategies and its effectiveness. Analytic Tools like Google Analytics, Moz, Adobe Site Catalyst and Yahoo Marketing dashboard can help you determine whether your website or site page is working to its full potential or not.
Digital Marketing is useless without its pillars like SEO, Social Media, Paid Advertising, Email Marketing along with Mobile Marketing and Web Analytics. In this Introduction to Digital Marketing, we have covered up all the strategies and channels in the most elaborative way possible.
Created on Nov 3rd 2018 04:03. Viewed 205 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.