Creating A Premium Website With WordPressby Tech Writer Read and Write Upadtes O Technology
WordPress has evolved through the years to become a versatile content management system. It’s a free and open source CMS that’s based on PHP as well as MySQL.
WordPress is an open-source, free CMS or content management system that is based on MySQL and PHP. It is installed on a web server, which is either a part of an internet hosting service or in itself a network host.
WHY USE WORDPRESS?
Often, people make the mistake of classifying WordPress as only a blogging platform. While that used to be true before, WordPress evolved through the years into a versatile CMS. While it could still be used for creating a simple blog, it now allows one to fully create functional sites as well as mobile applications. The great part about WordPress is that it is easy to use and flexible enough to be used for just about anything. This is the main reason why WordPress or WP has grown a lot in popularity. Due to the robust features, a lot of brands use WP in powering their sites, such as but not limited to Google, Time Magazine, Sony, Facebook, LinkedIn, Disney, CNN, The New York Times, eBay and a whole lot more.
WORDPRESS IS FREE AS IN FREE
WordPress is a free software, meaning that it is free to download, install, use and modify as well. It could be used for making any website. Furthermore, it is also open source, which means that the source code is available for anyone to study, play with and modify. Currently, there are over 2600 WP themes as well as over 31,000 plugins available for free.
WP IS AN OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
Because of its open source nature, WordPress is a community software. It’s maintained by a huge group of volunteers, majority of whom are consultants of the platform with active interest in maintaining and growing WordPress. Anyone could contribute to WP through writing patches, and plugins, answering support queries, building themes, translating WP and updating documentation.
Through WordPress use, one becomes part of the awesome community. One gets free support from other members of the community, download free themes and plugins. Once one has a bit of experience with WordPress, one could even contribute back to the community.
WORDPRESS IS EASY TO USE AND LEARN
The platform is used by millions of people and almost new people are joining the WP community everyday via building their first WP powered sites. The reason why people adapt to WordPress quickly is due to its being easy to use.
BUILDING A PREMIUM CONTENT WEBISTE USING WORDPRESS
Building a premium content website using WordPress is in actuality pretty straightforward, but there is still a lot of considerations before starting to build a website. Before choosing the most appropriate solution for a premium content website, one has to determine the requirements. This means putting together at least a basic checklist that could be used for assessing possible solutions.
Most people that use WordPress are not web programmers or designers. In fact, most of them start using WordPress without prior knowledge of website designing. The reason why WP is a very ideal candidate is due to the thousands of free templates themes to choose from, so one could provide a website any look that one wants. There’s a WordPress theme for just about anything.
WordPress themes are easily customizable since most of them come with their own options panel which allow one to upload logo, change colors, change background, build beautiful sliders and do other cool things with the website without writing any code at all. WP is super flexible and could be extended with plugins. The same as themes, there are thousands of premium and free plugins available to use. These plugins not only could add more functionality to WordPress, there are more plugins that could add an entirely new platform to a WB site.
FIVE KEY BENEFITS OF BUILDING A WEBSITE IN WORDPRESS
1. The WP Themes enable one to change a website’s design fast. There are thousands of themes available for the platform.
2. The plugins enable extending the functionality of the WP site even without programming knowledge. There are more than 10,000 plugins available that help in adding all types of functionality to a website, such as social media sharing, photo slideshows, SEO and a whole lot more.
3. Google loves WP websites. Since they are frequently updated, and the content has the tendency to be well structured, one could get a WordPress website ranking very fast in comparison to a static website. Google even has gone on record as recommending the platform for business websites.
4. WordPress sites are easy to update. If one could create a Word document, one could also publish a new article to the WP site. As soon as it is set up, it could be updated anytime. This is vital for engagement with website visitors and for search engines as well.
5. WP is supported by a thriving and engaged community. A recent study estimates that around 8 percent of the websites on the web are run by WordPress. There are thousands of developers, designers and enthusiasts available to help should one get stuck. Help is only a Google search away.
Undoubtedly, WordPress is a great choice whether it’s the first or tenth website. Truly, it does ‘do it all’ and continues to support anyone’s online efforts for years and years.
Author Bio :
Expert developers at eTatvaSoft - WordPress development company in India simply aim in providing high end solutions to their valuable clientele. The company offers a plethora of services ranging from customization development to developing in varied modules, adding additional features, plugins and so forth.
Created on Sep 13th 2017 07:48. Viewed 1,099 times.