Best Way to Maintain your Green Card Status In The USA

by Yaghmai Law Firm Law Firm

What could be better than a hassle-free way of acquiring an eb1a green card? But the main challenge is to maintain your green card status in the USA. And in case you are looking for the tips to maintain it, you have landed on the perfect article.

It sounds music to the ears when you get the confirmation of approval of your green card, but the main task starts after that! You do become a lawful Green Card Holder. It is crucial to permanently “reside” in the US, otherwise, you run the risk of no longer being considered a permanent resident of the US. And one must not be oblivion of the fact that being a Green Card Holder, you have gained new rights and responsibilities related to your adopted nation. One can even acquire the eb1 visa when they demonstrate extraordinary ability in their field, whether the sciences, the arts, education, business or athletics. It is Employment-Based Extraordinary Ability Green Card which is a part of the EB-1 set of permanent residency US visas.

It is also pivotal to be aware of the fact that the US government can seize your green card under certain conditions. There are several steps you should take to maintain your green card status in the U.S., primarily to seek naturalization in the future and for this, you might need a good naturalization attorney. Without wasting even a fraction of second, let’s delve in the ways how you can maintain your green card status.


Ø  One must not leave the states for an extended period, or move to another country to live there permanently.

Ø  One must always file his/her federal, state,  and, if applicable, local income tax returns as a resident.

Ø  It is advisable to register with the Selective Service if you are a male age 18 to 25.

Ø  Notify the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) every time you move.


It imparts a wrong impression on the department if a green card holder, choose to spend time outside the US for extended periods, one may be considered to have abandoned their status in the US and can end up losing their green card. And in case, you have to be outside the country for more than 12 months, all you need to do is apply for a Re-entry Permit before leaving to avoid abandoning your green card.


To get the chance to become US citizen and enjoy the rights provided to them, it is essential to keep these points in mind and you can even seek the aid of best Law firm to foster the process.


About Yaghmai Law Firm Junior   Law Firm

0 connections, 0 recommendations, 10 honor points.
Joined APSense since, April 29th, 2019, From Callifornia, United States.

Created on Aug 5th 2019 02:57. Viewed 97 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.