10 Top Tips to Make a Great Restaurantby Bistro Blackwood Restaurateur
The food scene has exploded in Adelaide in recent years and customers are more discerning than ever.
Foodies know what they like, and it’s vital that they can access top quality eateries on their doorstep.
Finding Good Places to Eat in Adelaide has never been easier and it’s an exciting time for those who enjoy dining out.
While the customer provides their own company, the restaurant provides everything else and with some extra attention to detail, you can stand out from the crowd.
There are so many ways to get it wrong in the industry but these top 10 tips are designed to reflect what the foodie customer wants to see and what will entice them to return again and again.
- Service - Service cannot be overstated. If the service is poor, a customer will think twice before returning. Ensure that staff are attentive but not smothering, professional and knowledgeable about the menu. They must have impeccable attention to detail. Ensure the pride the chef take’s in his or her work is mirrored out on the floor.
- Decor - Consider carefully your establishment’s decor and the tone it conveys. Customers want to feel comfortable so ensure that they enter your restaurant feeling like they can relax and enjoy the experience.
- Good Food - This goes without saying but the food is the reason a customer is there so make it memorable. Ensure your menu is appealing and that there is consistency. It’s also important that your menu is well presented, spell-checked and designed in keeping with your restaurant’s style.
- Wine list - A similar approach should be taken with the wine list. Make sure it fits with the menu and also that staff are well versed in pairing wine with various dishes.
- Cleanliness - Hygiene is a massive deal for customers and no matter how good the food is, if the overall premises are not kept spotlessly clean, customers will go elsewhere. The restrooms in particular should be checked throughout each service and the attention should be paid to the floors as well as the tables between customers.
- Pricing - Ensure your price point is in line with what you are offering. Consider if the cost reflects the overall experience for the paying customer.
- Ambience - Very often too little emphasis is placed on ambience as the food is a priority for restaurateurs. It’s a complete package so ensure that the lighting is soft but not too dark, the table linen is crisp and clean and the music is not to loud but also audible.
- The Little Extras - whether it’s the bread basket, amuse bouche or the sweet treat with coffee, customers appreciated these ‘free’ little touches so ensure they are of good quality.
- Get Social - pay attention to your social media and stay connected with your customer base. Everyone is online these days and you can convey information quickly and effectively by making good use of social media platforms.
- Consistency - Consistency is key so ensure that customers can expect the same high standard every time they visit.
Created on Dec 11th 2018 02:27. Viewed 434 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.