Sorbitol Side Effectsby James H. food additives professional
Sorbitol, CAS number 50-70-4, E number E420, used as food sweetener. Sorbitol is accepted as safe food sweetener in many food products. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol manufactured through chemical synthesis, available as WHITE CRYSTALLINE GRANULE OR POWDER.
General Side Effects
1. Sorbitol can cause bloating, gas and diarrhea. 2. Sorbitol can pose laxative effect when ingusted in large amount.
As Sorbitol is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of
intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before
using large quantity of Sorbitol for long period.
* ADI: Acceptable Daily Intake
* MTDI: maximum tolerable daily intake
* Data source: JECFA Database of WHO
Special Groups Precaution
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other
applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Sorbitol could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Sorbitol in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Sorbitol for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
- See more at: http://www.yameiaspartame.com/sorbitol-side-effects/
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.