List of Colleges under Uttar Pradesh Technical Universityby Riya Ahuja Education Professional
Uttar Pradesh Technical University has changed its name into A.P.J.Abdul Kalam University (AKTU) this year. It is a public University and one of the biggest Technical University of Asia. The University was established by Uttar Pradesh Government in the year 2000. There are almost 800 affiliated colleges to AKTU. The colleges have been segregated into Government Colleges, private colleges and self-financing colleges.
The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance examination is conducted by A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Technical University that offers admissions to candidates into professional undergraduate engineering courses. The state entrance examination was conducted on April 17, 2016 for B.Tech course. UPSEE was also conducted for B.Arch, B.Tech (Agriculture), B.Pharm, BHMCT, BFA, BFAD, MCA,MBA and Integrated MAM course apart from B.Tech course. UPSEE was also conducted for admission to 2nd year Lateral entry to B.Tech, B.Pharm and MCA. It was a pen paper based and computer based exam test that was conducted in both English and Hindi. All the entrance examination was completed by April 24, 2016. Central admission board (CAB) have been constituted under the chairmanship of the Vice chancellor, Dr A.P.J.Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow to supervise and control the State Entrance Examination. The CAB has right to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats.
The candidates who have passed class 12 can only appear for UPSEE and also whose parents are domicile of UP are only eligible for this exam because it is a domicile based exam. Only 10% of the seats are reserved for the students outside Uttar Pradesh. The application fee of UPSEE for the year 2016 was Rs. 1000 for Male/Transgender candidates of General & OBC Category and Rs. 500 for female candidates/physically handicapped candidates of all categories and SC/ST candidates.The result of UPSEE has been declared on May 27, 2016.
Reservation of Seats:
Reserved Seats for NRI through Management Quota: State Govt. has permitted 15% of total sanctioned seats available in Private Institutions to be filled by the NRI candidates under Management quota.
20% of total sanctioned seats to be filled on basis of JEE Main Merit: 10% seats will be filled by non- U.P. domicile candidates on U.P. State merit using U.P. reservation policy and the remaining 10% seats will be filled by All India Merit candidates without reservation subject to eligibility conditions.
List of AKTU Colleges: There are 10 Government colleges, 5 Government self-financed colleges, 287 private colleges and 6 UP State government Universities.
Following are the list of 10 Government colleges:
1. Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jhansi
2. Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology Institute, Kanpur.
3. Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur.
4. Faculty of Architecture (LCA), Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow
5. Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow.
6. Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur.
7. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Engineering of Information Technology, Banda
8. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Engineering College of Information Technology, Bijnore
9. Manyar Kansi Ram Engineering College of Information Technology, Azamgarh
10. Manyar Kansi Ram Engineering College of Information Technology, Ambedkar Nagar.For more information on UPSEE, list of colleges, counselling, result etc. you can visit on www.motachashma.com
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.