High Protein Diet - Foods High In Proteinby Jeramey Thompson High protein diet is recommended by dieticians to increase muscle strength and power. It is recommended for body building as it helps to build muscles and to lose fat. A high protein and low carbohydrate diet is advised in Ayurveda to lose weight, and sometimes to gain weight a high protein diet is taken because muscle mass will not increase if one does not take a good amount of protein in diet. Weightlifters and people who regularly go for working out require a good amount of protein to help the muscles to grow and recover from injuries which are caused due to rise in muscles breaking. It also helps to rebuild the muscles.
A diet rich in protein eliminates carbohydrates from the diet and it flushes out a good amount of fluid from the body. An increased amount of proteins in diet raises the level of ketone in body. Ketione is released by burning of fat and it is released into the blood which causes the body to initiate a process called ketosis, which reduces appetite. But one should be cautious before taking up a high protein diet as it raises load on kidney and it can cause re-absorption of NaCl which can cause certain damages to human body. In menopausal women it can help in reducing weight but it can reduce bone density.
It is found that 50 grams to 60 grams of protein is enough for an adult and to calculate the exact amount of protein needed one can multiply body weight to 0.36 to derive the number of grams of proteins needed.
There are two types of proteins: plant based and animal based proteins. Some of the high protein food items are chicken, lean meats, beefs, turkey, eggs, egg white and fishes. Fishes include tuna fish, salmon and shrimp. Nuts and milk are also high in protein.
There are a number of food products which are high in protein such as
1. The substance is found in cow's milk called Casein, is low in fat and high in protein. It is used in preparation of certain cheese and baby milk powder. The substance fills up the stomach with a gel like substance and it helps in preventing wear and tear to muscles during dieting or weightlifting. It reduces the feeling of hunger.
2. Plant based proteins are soy, olive oil and canola oils which contain unsaturated fat and vegetable proteins. Soy contains linolenic acids and it is useful in building new cells. It is effective in healing wounds and it helps to regenerate cells.
3. Whey contains amino acids and good amount of proteins. It has no fat and cholesterol, and it is helpful in reducing weight.
4. Nuts contain a good amount of proteins and it has lots of calories. It also contains natural fibers and aids in digestion.
5. Animal based protein is found in turkey which contains a low amount of protein and it can be included in diet.
6. To take a high amount of proteins one can take protein shakes and bars.
Read about Natural Energy Supplements. Also know how Shilajit increases power and stamina. Read about Immunity Supplement to strengthen immune system.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.