Common Troubleshooting Steps To Avoid “Gmail Not Receving Email” Errorby Sonika Singh SMO Analyst
A normal Gmail users spend around 20% of their daily routine in front of Gmail. This says how much dependent its users are dependent on its functionality. Thus, issues like not receiving mails can be quite annoying for such a user. Here in this article we have explain what could be possible done when such an issue occur.
Gmail a free advertisement supported web-based mailing client is undoubtedly the leading emailing service present at the market. Currently around 700 million users are totally dependent on its performance, thus any minute halt can cause them a big time trouble for them.
Recently a trouble which is disturbing some great numbers of users be it Mac, Windows or Android has been the unable to receive mails. Therefore, before we begin to understand what could be possible remedy for it we need to understand how message normally from sender to receiver. Then by this one can detect the stage in which problem might have occurred.
Gmail follows a simple one-to-one message communication. First the sender connects to mail security service then it send the message. When message enters the email security block the service filters for spam, viruses and attachments. Then the message is transferred from security block to recipient server. At last the recipient server delivers mail to the respected user.
Now all a user needs to do is to identify the level in which problem might have occur. When our Gmail account not receiving emails below we are going to mention possible troubleshooting mechanism :
1. First thing one need to check is their internet connection.
2. Heck for whether a specific sender all every senders’ messages are not
forwarding from the recipient server to the user. To test the same an individual
can send a test message from their other email account to confirm message is flowing or not.
3. Check Delivery Manager Graphs for further troubleshooting.
4. Run a test for checking routing problems: for this a user need to run the SMTP
5. If a particular domain name is set improperly in MX records, mail from that
particular sender server will never receive the recipient server, hence run a
MX record test.
6. Check whether the domain is registered on message security block or not.
7. Recheck Delivery information for wrong recipient address in message security
8. Check for possible Deliver errors.
9. Check Spool configuration: In a case where there are no delivery errors, the
spool manager set all mail to spool. Here we need to enable manual spooling.
10. There have seen reports where the mail server is accepting message initially
but it lost during internal routing.
11. Sometime messages send by a sender are filtered out by the spam filter, thus
check for message quarantine.
After following the above steps, last step would be re sending another message from another mailing client to confirm that issue has been resolved. However if the problem still persist user can contact the experts.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.