Effective Ways to Get Rid Of Arthritis Joint Painby Peter Filinovich Peter Filinovich Arthritis is a joint disorder consisting of severe pain at the joints along with limited joint movement, stiffness, inflammation and redness. Arthritis can be of several types. Some common forms are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis; psoriatic arthritis etc. Osteoarthritis generally attacks the elderly population and is caused due to degeneration or loss of cartilage cushions, thereby exposing the bone heads at a joint to friction and wear and tear. Rheumatoid arthritis is evident in younger people. It is a chronic joint disorder in which the body's own immune system mistakenly attacks a healthy joint and erodes it. It may exist throughout a person's life time.
Psoriatic arthritis is also an autoimmune disorder common in people suffering from psoriasis. Joint infection or septic joint, prior history of joint injury or fracture, obesity, heavy lifting activities may also cause arthritis and joint pain due to it. Hip, knee, shoulder, spinal and even finger and ankle joints are all prone to arthritis and pain. The pain may be so debilitating that it may make an individual invalid, making daily life quite impossible for him or her.
Effective Ways to Relieve Arthritis Joint Pain
1. Exercising can help one to get rid of arthritis joint pain. Light free hand exercises should be carried out but high impact strenuous exercises, activities like running and jumping are to be shunned. Also repetitive movements are to be avoided, for these may lead to further wearing out of joints and aggravate pain. Walking and swimming are helpful in easing painful condition. Other exercises that an arthritis patient may practice include side bends, arm circles, shoulder shrugs, torso rotations, side lateral raises, wall push-ups, bicep curls, triceps extensions etc. These exercises strengthen muscles around joints, improve joint flexibility, reduce stiffness and also help in controlling body weight.
2. Maintaining proper posture is essential for controlling joint pain. One should avoid sitting idle and inactive for a long time. Thus sedentary life style should be avoided. Changing position frequently would help to reduce joint pain and stiffness. Also keeping the ailing joint on an elevated position would help to drain out fluids and check pain.
3. Diet is important in easing arthritis joint pain. Alkaline diet consisting in fresh fruits, vegetables, and Omega 3 fatty acids rich oily fishes like sardines, salmons, tuna and herring would prove beneficial for joint pain reduction. Alcohol and caffeine intake should be checked. Consumption of beef, pork and red meat should be checked, for they would cause one's uric acid levels to shoot up.
4. Analgesics or painkillers can also relieve pain. The commonly used analgesics are aspirin, acetaminophen, naproxen and ibuprofen. Narcotic pain relievers are also taken by some patients, but it is advisable not to take narcotic relievers for they are habit growing pain relievers. Common narcotic pain relievers are oxycodone, codeine, propoxyphene etc. Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drug may also suppress arthritis joint pain. Arthritis pain can also be minimized with the help of injections.
5. Massaging is an effective means of relieving arthritis joint pain. Massaging should be done by means of gentle strokes or kneading. But aggressive massaging should be strictly avoided. Hot vinegar, heated olive oil, camphorated mustard oil, paraffin, mixture of kerosene and olive oil, castor oil, Rumatone Gold herbal massage oil and essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus may be used for massaging on aching joints.
Read more about Arthritis Joint Pain Supplement. Also know the Best Joint Pain Supplement. Read information about Joint Pain Relief Products.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.