Titanium but not just titaniumby Izzy X. Product specialist
Titanium and its alloys have many advantages as surgical implant materials, such as low density, high strength, good toughness, good biocompatibility, non-toxicity, low elastic modulus, good corrosion Recommended Features
- Ti-Ni shape memory alloy (nitinol sheets) is a new type of functional material. This functional material has a peculiar shape memory effect, superelasticity, fatigue resistance, wear resistance
- Nitinol sheets have been successfully used in orthopedic clinics, which has attracted the attention of orthopedic experts and clinicians, and is called "magic metal".
- Porous Titanium products are an alternative material for the human body with structural and functional integration.
- Edgetech industries can provide porous titanium sheets, rods, and discs with high quality and competitive prices.
- At the same time, the rough surface geometry of the porous titanium alloy can promote the growth of new bone tissue into the pores
Review on Titanium but not just titaniumPorous Titanium products are an alternative material for the human body with structural and functional integration. The surface structure of surgical implants is closely related to the biological behavior after implantation in the body. Compared with dense materials, the introduction of pores significantly reduces the elastic modulus of titanium and its alloys, and the strength and modulus of porous titanium can be adjusted by changing porosity, pore size, and other parameters to adjust its strength and elastic modulus to be fully matched. Its open through-hole structure promotes the adhesion, growth of bone cells, and regeneration and reconstruction of bone tissues, speeds up the healing process, and enables titanium and its alloys to match the elastic modulus of materials and bones while maintaining a certain strength. At the same time, the rough surface geometry of the porous titanium alloy can promote the growth of new bone tissue into the pores, which not only strengthens the biological fixation between the implant and the bone but also allows stress to be transferred along with the implant to the surrounding bone.
Related to Titanium but not just titanium
Created on May 27th 2022 03:19. Viewed 111 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.