Talking to Toddlersby JOSEPH CHACKERY Officer
Toddler Parenting Tips Presentation: Unusual Tips to Effective Parenting .. The way most parents talk to their kids, causing them to do exactly what you dont want... Recommended Features
- The only real reason your kids are not already well behaved.
- The way most parents talk to their kids, causing them to do exactly what you dont want.
- The crucial emotional bridge you MUST establish with your child before you try to change their behavior.
- The one word you are probably abusing, which makes your children totally ignore you and what to do instead.
Review on Talking to Toddlers4 Facts You MUST Understand if you are Ever Going to Effectively Deal with the Terrible Twos or Child Behavior Problems
1. Behavior is driven by Emotion, NOT Logic. This is fundamental to everything. Behavior, for any person of any age, is determined by their emotional state. People ACT from their emotions, and they later JUSTIFY their actions with logic. But small kids dont have the ability to use logic, so they act purely from emotion.
2. We tend to overuse the word No when we talk to our kids. You remember the story of the boy who cried wolf, right? The little shepherd boy was bored while watching the sheep so he decided to cry wolf and make the villagers come running. Before long, they stopped responding to his false cries. When a parent cries No at every little thing, kids stop listening. The parents cries fade into the background. Ill teach you multiple ways to get what you want without screaming NO at your child and it simply works better!
3. If you want to have any chance at all of influencing your childs behavior, you MUST have rapport first. Rapport simply means having an emotional connection to another person. Ill show you how you can learn LOTS of ways to create this crucial emotional bridge before you change a childs behavior.
Before we get to #4 if you didnt do it already, make sure you sign up to get my free audio lesson teaching you 3 powerful language techniques you can use to inspire better behavior right now!
Language is a powerful tool and there are a bunch of tactics you need to learn to create the outcomes you want. Heres a specific tip: Use positive language instead of negative language. This is explained in detail either in the free audio lesson above, and in the video presentation.
Related to Talking to Toddlers
Simply Parenting- Your Two Year Toddler's Development
Simply Parenting, Toddler Development, Child Development, Dr. Mary Ann lofrumento, parenting, two year old, toddlers
Two Year old Toddler's Development produced by Simply Parenting and pediatrician Dr. Mary Ann LoFrumento
Created on May 3rd 2012 02:56. Viewed 1,459 times.