Multi-PIC-Programmer-5-ver2by HEMANT KUMAR VISHWAKARMA Power Engg.
"Multi PIC Programmer 5 Ver.2" is a PIC programmer, which can program to 8-pin to 40-pin devices using single ZIF socket. I built "Multi PIC programmer 5 Ver.1", in order to enable it to program 40-pi Recommended Features
- The GND line of a serial port forms relative VDD on a PIC programmer. All the GND symbols in a circuit diagram are a PIC programmer's GND. Never connect them with GND line of a serial port.
- This PIC programmer changes VPP in accordance with the device selected (8-18pin) or (28-40pin) with one sliding switch. So, if the insertion position of a device and slide switch is not set correctly,
- This PIC programmer does not support all PIC MCUs. (PIC16C5x is not programmable with this programmer. By using an adapter, the 20 pin PIC 16C770/771 can be programmed
- I did not try all PICs since and I do not have all them. The PICs, which I successfully programmed and verified, are PIC12F629, PIC12F675, PIC16F627, PIC16F628, PIC16F630, PIC16F676, PIC16F818, PIC16
- The programming software used is IC-Prog of Bonny Gijzen
Review on Multi-PIC-Programmer-5-ver2"Multi PIC Programmer 5 Ver.2" is a PIC programmer, which can program to 8-pin to 40-pin devices using single ZIF socket.
I built "Multi PIC programmer 5 Ver.1", in order to enable it to program 40-pin devices like PIC16F877 with a ZIF socket.
Lately I improved this PIC programmer. The main improvements are having made it suit "VPP before VDD" and changed wiring of a ZIF socket for accepting devices with LVP (Low Voltage Programming) mode.
Before you build this "PIC programmer", I recommend checking to see if there is enough output voltage at the serial port your personal computer. If TxD, DTR, and RTS do not have more than +7.5V(or -7.5V), this programmer will not work well, especially, with the latest laptop computers that using low power RS232 interface ICs.
Related to Multi-PIC-Programmer-5-ver2
Velleman VM111 PIC programmer and experiment board
Velleman, VM111, PIC, programmer, experiment, board
This is a PIC programmer from Velleman, that also allows basic on-board testing. This board can be purchased as a kit as well (Velleman K8048). I've bought this board already assembled because at the
Created on Nov 6th 2010 11:42. Viewed 3,236 times.