Element Properties: 9-15 atomic numberby Izzy X. Product specialist
Fluorine is the most active member of the halogen family, and produces the most stable compounds. Neon is obtained from the fractional distillation of liquid air. Its main use is in neon signs. Recommended Features
- Magnesium is one of the most common elements in the earths crust. It burns with a brilliant white color, and slowly oxidizes in moist air.
- Aluminum is a white, malleable, ductile metal, with a somewhat bluish tint.
- Silicon is black-gray and a poor conductor of electricity. It is never found free always combined with oxygen.
- Phosphorus exists in three main allotropic formswhite, black, and red. It is too active to be found in nature, and most of it is combined with oxygen.
- Sodium is a light silvery-white metal, lustrous when freshly cut, but tarnishes when exposed to air, becoming dull and gray.
Review on Element Properties: 9-15 atomic numberSilicon is black-gray and a poor conductor of electricity. It is never found free always combined with oxygen. The two principal combinations of silicon are silicon dioxide, which is found as flint, quartz, sand, sandstone, agate and amethyst and silicate rocks. These rocks range from garnet to asbestos.
Magnesium is one of the most common elements in the earths crust. It burns with a brilliant white color, and slowly oxidizes in moist air. It is an important structural metal, often used in either pure or alloyed form with aluminum in the construction of aircraft. It is also frequently used in the production of objects requiring a light weight. Powdered magnesium is sometimes used in place of aluminum in the thermite reaction.
Related to Element Properties: 9-15 atomic number
Created on May 25th 2021 01:21. Viewed 117 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.