Your Step by Step Guide to Choose an Adult Bunk Bed Sizeby William Dawson Writer
Despite being something that is overlooked by adults while choosing high-quality bunk beds, bed height, and size matter. When looking for a new bunk bed it is easy to prioritize comfort, design, and look for a space-saving solution and ignore something as mundane as the size and dimensions of the bed. However, as with anything safety is the number one priority, the bed size can contribute significantly to the look and the function of your bedroom, and not forget the overall comfort when getting in and getting out.
What Is The Ideal Size of a Bunk Bed?
A bunk bed is a configuration wherein one bed is stacked over another or placed over another. So it is not just when you are laying in the bed that you need to consider safety, you have to consider when you get out of the bed too. the bed height should correlate with the height of the users and adapt if they are tall or short. Most often, bunk beds design is used to create two functional beds, however, with customization, three beds can occupy a single floor space. Even though there can be slight variations in the aesthetic features incorporated, the basic stacked on structural design remains the same.
Safety is as important to the manufacturers as it is to you, so there are some tips to follow:
- Measure the Room Carefully: Much like ordinary platform beds, sturdy bunk beds for adults also come in different sizes. So decide where you want to place your bunk bed and measure all the room's different dimensions including:
- height from floor to ceiling
- width and length
- cross-reference this with the bunk bed dimension, which you can find on each product on the website
- custom-made if the standard dimension doesn't fit your measurements
- Consider the Storage Options You Want to Opt For: Those with greater storage needs and low space may prefer a bunk bed with a large amount of drawer space. So bunk beds are not just great for space-saving, but can include plenty of under-bed storage, too! That can be ideal for storing bedding, clothes, and other daily essentials to keep your room neat.
- Alternatively, if you already have boxes that can be stored underneath the bed or the items that won't neatly fit in the drawers; you can choose bunk beds with shelving or simply additional space underneath.
Reasons the Size of the Bed Matters
● Your age is likely to affect the bed height you require. For instance, an older person will need a bed they can easily get in and out of without straining their body. For adults and children getting in and out is less of a priority. If this applies to you, correlate the height to yours to ensure maximum comfort. For the actual dimensions, the actual height should be dependent on the available floor to ceiling space.
● Your mattress should comply, depending on the chosen frame of your sturdy bunk bed for adults. That is, if you are looking for an extra thick mattress for added comfort, you must opt for a shorter frame. On the other hand, if you fancy a tall bed frame as per your age and height, with lots of storage underneath, a thinner mattress is a good idea.
● Finally, the size of adult bunk beds is important because it can affect the overall look and feel of your bedroom. For instance, low bed frames can make the whole room more aesthetically pleasing and more spacious. However, if you have a room with a higher ceiling, a taller bed frame can be more suitable.
Created on Jun 23rd 2021 06:36. Viewed 103 times.