Wood Look Vinyl Tile Vs Wood Look Ceramic Tile – Which Is Betterby Philip Smith Inbound Marketing Manager
When you are looking to create wood effect flooring in your home, you basically have two materials to go with – vinyl tile and ceramic tiles. Both the materials can have different looks and textures, and wood look is one of them.
The composition of vinyl tiles and ceramic tiles is fundamentally different. They both are different materials. So, in this blog, we talk about the differentiating factors between wood look vinyl tiles and wood look ceramic tiles.
Wood Look Vinyl Vs Ceramic Tiles –
- Vinyl is thin, manmade material made from PVC plastic. However, ceramic is a clay product, made from clay and other additives mixed together before being burnt at extreme temperature during the manufacturing process.
- While wood look ceramic tile is heat- and fire-resistant, you will need to protect your wood look vinyl flooring from hot objects and fire. Vinyl can melt and catch fire.
- Both the materials are stain resistant; they do not easily catch stains. And if there are stains, you can clean them without applying efforts.
- Ceramic is scratch-resistant, but vinyl is not. Though, it is advisable that you should not heavy furniture or appliances on vinyl tile, and also on ceramic tile to avoid causing potential damage to your floor.
- Vinyl is super easy to install; it dries quickly after installation, but the mortar used for wood look ceramic tile installation will require time to cure and be able to be walked upon.
- Both the types of tiles are waterproof and water-resistant. You can use them even in your bathroom. However, you will need to choose the right subfloor and underlayment to increase water resistance factor in your bathroom.
- Wood look vinyl floor feels softer when you stand or walk on it. But, ceramic tile does not feel that way.
Created on Jan 21st 2021 09:12. Viewed 139 times.