Winter Maintenance Tips for Travel Trailers and Motor Homesby Imperial Storage U Own Condominium Storage Units
Winterizing your recreational vehicle be it a travel trailer, fifth wheel or motor home will certainly help you to keep it in good condition and ready to be taken to the road in the spring season. If you want to camp during the winter, you should take steps to carefully protect your unit against the adverse weather conditions. It will make the stay in your RV more relaxed with less future problems.
How to Winterize an RV for Storage?
If you do not want to use your recreational vehicle for the winter and want to lock it up, then there are certain measures to be taken care of. You should also follow the specific instructions mentioned in your owner's manual. Go through some points listed below:
1. Clean the RV
This is the very first thing that you should do to ensure the RV is neat and clean. Be sure the unit is properly cleaned so that at the end of the season it is ready to go where ever you want.
- Clean the kitchen, there should not be any leftover food
- Turn off the refrigerator and leave its door open after cleaning it
- Clean the bathroom and remove items like toothpaste etc. from the bathroom.
- Wash towels and bedding and store in plastic storage bags.
- Vacuum or sweep.
2. Protect the Pipes
You need to be sure no water freezes in the pipes as that could lead to pipes bursting.
- Drain the fresh water tank and hot water heater.
- Open all the faucets and empty all water tanks.
- Add RV/marine antifreeze to winterize your camper.
- Flush the toilet and run the shower until it is red.
- Pour antifreeze down all drains & holding tanks
- Make sure you get some antifreeze in the holding tanks.
- Turn off tanks, heaters, pumps, lights, and anything else are off.
- Close all windows, vents, and doors and lock it.
For motor homes the following are the specific concerns:
Motor homes have engines, so you need to take care of few more points when you prepare your vehicle for winter storage.
1) Secure your motor home engine by preventing water, snow, dirt from entering the engine.
2) To prevent condensation in the tank, make sure the tank is full before the winter storage.
3) To prevent fuel from breaking down and leaving deposits add a fuel stabilizer to it.
Are you thinking about storing your RV during the winter? An RV Garage Storage in Denver can provide you a space to store your RV, camper, motorhome, or travel trailer. Make sure to correctly prepare your vehicle for storage so that you can again use it in great shape.
Created on Feb 2nd 2018 03:26. Viewed 552 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.