Why The Planning Application Permissions Are Needed for The Eco-Building Project?by Josh Maguire Architectural service focused on the design of bui
For the conventional buildings in Dublin, securing the planning application permissions for the eco-building project is not much difficult. The location and the probability of specific rules applying to the building’s look determine the planning application permissions. Sometimes, the building material choices are even the factor.
In this article, we have highlighted the way to proceed with planning applications with information regarding specialist architectural planning application advice.
Remember, the distinctions identifying building control and planning permissions. Planning Applications permissions in Dublin are chiefly concerned with the building’s size and appearance. But building control is meant for regulating the structural crisis as well as aspects such as fire protection and drainage.
For having the best chance to get the Planning Application permission consent for the renovation and new build project for doing specific researches before starting the application process.
Approvals Needed For Alternative Building Methods
The building plot's location determines the ability in choosing the method of building an extension or building construction. If the site falls in the Conservation Area, Areas Having Outstanding Natural Beauty, or Natural Parks, then the restriction is building to the local vernaculars. Bricks and stones external walls and specific rood finishes satisfy all the restrictions.
This might be an advantage in a few areas, then natural materials are better for building. For instance, in Dublin, the traditional cob buildings like the form of straw and vernacular earth buildings and even a few pretty new ones are natural materials made. The timber buildings fit in well with all the traditional styles in different places.
If the council is having a Sustainability Plan, then it is helpful to gain permission for environment-friendly and sustainable buildings. Often the vernacular building styles are environment friendly with regards to building materials, for instance, making use of lime mortar apart from cement, but it is likely to be more difficult in obtaining permissions for the installation of measures like high-efficiency glazing, solar panels, and external wall insulation if the building is there in the conservation area or is listed.
A few examples of the similar buildings in the area and even the places situated elsewhere in Dublin is indeed helpful in talking to the owners regarding the way they have gained planning application permissions for their projects and the problems they had overcome.
Steps for Taking on the Way to Submit Architectural Planning Applications
- Secure the contact details from your local council for the relevant planning officer. Whether you are within the National Park boundaries, the council will inform whether the Park Authority is controlling the planning. The planning authority has the development plans, which designate the development type allowed, whether for commercial, residential, industrial, or agricultural.
- Look for the Local Plan and check out the design statements stating the requirements for new buildings, or the local materials used on the vernacular buildings, or all the relevant matters for the project.
- Talk to the planning office regarding the restrictions likely to be placed on the building plans
- Discuss your plans with neighbors to ensure they are aware of the decision you have taken. It will be helpful in preventing objections from arriving in the process later. Even it will help in avoiding delays, additional expenses, and failure of any applications.
- Put the preliminary sketches together and schedule an appointment with the architect and planning officer for discussing your plans with them. Discussing the project with them before applying them in the complete applications will save time and money. Even you will be able to identify and address the potential problems and hitches and get over wasting time.
- Next, you have to submit the planning application along with the outline and give it time to be approved before beginning with a work. A period of notice will be there for allowing the interested parties in placing any kind of comments and objections to the submitted plans. Then it proceeds to the Council Planning Committee with the recommendation from the planning officer in favor of approval or refusal. You can make an appeal in case the application fails.
The Restrictions Could Be Applicable to Alteration, Renovation, or On Building New Projects
- Land use with that of buildings is covered in the planning law. It indicates in all probabilities you might need the planning permissions for changing the ways the land will be used. It is applicable to the matters like converting a field into a garden.
- Talk to your solicitor about ensuring the absence of covenants and related restrictions as listed on the property deeds. There could be restrictions implied on further building in the upcoming years as well as ongoing access rights.
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty could limit the ability in making alterations to land and property, along with a National Park, A Site of Special Scientific Interest, or Conservation Areas. All these restrictions override rights on permitted developments, which otherwise will be applicable to the building works. For instance, securing permissions for adding a conservatory, garage or porch must be checked.
- For the listed buildings, applications for listed buildings consent added to planning permissions are necessary.
- Consultation with Council is needed for the alterations influencing the public utilities like drains, footpath, and sewers.
- In case the property is the home to legally protected species like the owls and bats, then checking with the planning authority regarding approving the works could disturb them.
- The extent of felling and pruning the trees could be controlled by the Tree Preservation Orders. The trees categorized into conservation are normally protected, therefore the works affecting them will need a minimum of six weeks’ notice.
The discussion has pointed out the limitations and freedom applicable for planning application permissions in favor of the eco-building projects. The architects must be hired to go ahead with the planning process legally and abiding by the rules and regulations as stated by the laws of Dublin.
Created on May 4th 2021 00:57. Viewed 393 times.