Why Should I Use Tech in My Classroomby Charlotte Lancaster We believe in Quality
There are lots of reasons both pro and con for using technology in your classroom. Let us take a look at them before we start to efficiently implement technology into your classroom.
What's Changed in Instruction?
• The role of the teacher (i.e. Facilitator)
• Communication with the community (i.e. Parents)
• Students skills (i.e. Technical)
What Hasn't Changed in Instruction?
• Tired of being a Kid
• Parent responsibilities
• Need to get a teacher
• the requirement for structured time
• Need for unstructured time
• Need for the student to feel safe
• Need to communicate
• Listening is still key
Education has gone through various changes over the decades. However, none was greater than the one occurring in this technological age. For the very first time the way learning happens is truly changing. Educators have unlimited resources at their fingertips and also have access to technologies that can help them deliver their courses effectively and efficiently. Students have vast stores of information at their fingertips and already have the technical knowledge to access this information even before going into the classroom. Pupils aren't overwhelmed or intimidate by tech and several instances are more.
• Immediate access to enormous amounts of data
• Quick and efficient
• Superb feedback
• Today's pupils speak"technology"
• Engages the student
• Prepares them to get a"tech" based world
• Outside experts are available
• A window to the world
• It is enjoyable to use
• Teacher learns continuously
Ten motives Not to Use Technology in Today's Classroom
• Too expensive
• Confusing and complex
• No assistance systems
• No support staff
• Not an effective teaching method
• Takes from teacher-pupil relationship
• Teacher not trained to use it
• Students will be diverted
• Teacher becomes automatic
It's too costly, too complex; it is not an effective method of teaching... all these are just some of excuses authorities, schools board and teachers give for not using the ability of technologies more often in the classroom. But if teachers and administrators make a commitment to incorporate the technology that is making companies and our private lives more efficient into our flailing education systems. .the achievement of our pupils will be shocking as well as the potential possibilities for the instruction will be limitless.
Created on Dec 24th 2018 04:44. Viewed 304 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.