Why Is Rainwater Harvesting Important In Today’s Age?by Priti Das Marketing Executive
Water is the most precious natural resource and something that most of us take for granted. Many parts of India do not receive an equal distribution and unlimited supply of water. Rainwater harvesting is simply collecting rainwater and storing for future use. In both urban and rural areas, harvesting can be done by the use of available infrastructure. One of the best and simple ways to store water from the collection are water storage tanks. The roof of the building is the best way to harvest rainwater. Let us focus on the main advantages of rainwater harvesting in the present scenario.
• Rainwater harvesting can provide a permanent solution to the problem of the water crisis in different parts of India. The stored non-potable water has many uses such as water the garden, wash the car, flush the toilet, wash the lawn and so on. It ensures that you will always have water even in times of water supply shortage.
• Rainwater provides an excellent solution to irrigation. The collected rainwater reduces flooding and decreases soil erosion as it prevents runoffs in times of heavy rainfall. This will protect our rivers, lakes, oceans from getting polluted.
• It is super easy and cost-effective to install a rainwater harvesting system. The different methods include rain barrels, rain garden, DIY rain chains, splash block, rain saucer, tarp, reservoir, plastic-lined pond, large drums or plastic water storage tanks. Choose one or more of the above methods to collect rainwater.
• By collecting rainwater, you can reduce energy use and save money on water bills. It is a wise idea to use your water to flush the toilets, water the garden, wash the car, wash the lawn, etc. It is a more sustainable and environmentally friendly way of using water.
• Rainwater works best for the garden to flourish plants and flowers as it is pure and free of harmful chemicals and toxins. There is no comparison of natural water with stored and filtered water that we use today. Since life exists, nature has relied on rainwater for its growth and this remains the case today and will remain tomorrow.
Above all, rainwater harvesting is the best effective method of using the most valuable free resource without which the existence of mankind is impossible. So, let us harvest rainwater and make the most of rainwater without letting it waste as much as we can.
Created on Aug 19th 2019 02:33. Viewed 645 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.