Why Dubai is gaining Popularity for Higher Education?by Ragini Sharma Study Abroad Consultant
The percentage of migrants in the UAE has steeped as high as 90%, in recent years. One-fourth of the total population constitutes Indian nationals. The reason why more Indians traveled to Dubai is because of the finest education system and exciting employment opportunities.
With 239 bachelor’s degrees, 249 master’s degrees, and 24 doctorate programs available across education institutions, there is immense scope for international students to pursue their field of study. Most international students go to study in Dubai, especially for Civil and Mechanical engineering because of increasing jobs in this domain.
Spread across Dubai are 65 colleges and private universities and three government universities along with other few international branch campuses. The Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) provides authority to institutions for imparting accredited degree programs to students. The list of universities in Dubai for international students in engineering are-
- University of Wollongong
- Abu Dhabi University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Manipal University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Canadian University
- Emirates Aviation University
- University of South Wales
- Middlesex University
- University of Birmingham
- UAE University
- Zayed University
UAE University, HCT, and Zayed University are the three government universities in Dubai.
Some of the highly promoted engineering courses delivered by these educational institutions in Dubai are mentioned below.
- B.E. in Automotive Engineering is offered by the Heriot-Watt University as a four-year honors program and MSc in Civil Engineering and Management as one-year full-time and as a two-year part-time course, also. All graduates receive degrees accredited by the Royal Charter, UK.
- Canadian University in Dubai provides a bachelor’s degree in Networking Engineering for the first two years on its campus. Eligible students may then continue the next two years in Computing degree at Queen’s University, Canada.
- A master’s degree in Engineering Management is offered by the British University in Dubai wherein students are exposed to research and technical skill workshops.
- A unique lateral entry degree program offered by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education allows experienced international students to undertake B.Tech Mechanical right from the second year.
- The Dubai campus of the University of Birmingham delivers B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with an opportunity to pursue postgraduation in the UK campus. A wide range of career options is available for graduates such as in nuclear and aerospace industries, investment banking and accountancy, etc. in companies like Jaguar, Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Airbus, and Aston Martin.
- The University of Wollongong has many bachelor's and masters programmes to offer such as Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Master’s in Engineering Management, Master of Engineering Asset Management, etc.
The top companies offering jobs to engineers are Altran, DEC Dynamic Engineering Consultants, McDermott Middle East Inc., G3 Engineering Consultants, etc. thus making Dubai as lucrative career opportunities. For more information on engineering institutions and the best courses to study, you can always seek the help of studies abroad consultants online.
Stay tuned with us for our next article on studies abroad in Dubai!
Created on Jul 30th 2020 01:29. Viewed 301 times.