Why Do Companies Use Computer Skills Assessment Tests?by Kristen White Blogger Hiring qualified and capable employees is a top priority for companies who are seeking to fill positions within the organization. More and more businesses are using pre-employment tests to comprehensively assess the candidates before hiring them.
Among the most frequently used tests are the computer skills assessment. Whether it be a cashier in a retail store, a lab technician, a mechanic, or an administrative professional, the need for basic computer skills is important for most jobs. Each type of position requires a different level of knowledge, but all require at the very least, a basic skill set and understanding of how to use the computer.
Pre-employment tests are divided into skill groups, application skills, operational skills, and development skills. The major difference between each of these skill groups is the complexity of the tests and the subjects selected to create the test.
Computer skills assessments for candidates within the IT industry will likely include in-depth topics and questions about development, programming, deployment, design, etc. Computer skills assessment tests for a receptionist may include general file management, how to operate a dialer, and how to transfer calls using an internet-based phone system.
The computer skills assessment will depend on the type of position the company is looking to fill. Having the ability to customize the questions allows employers to target a specific skill set.
Benefits of Using Specific Skills Assessments
- A skills assessment test uses real-time scenarios that require candidates to solve problems during the test, rather than simply choosing an answer.
- A skills assessment test can help prevent the recruiters from being biased or showing personal preference when choosing a candidate.
- The test forms are evaluated by the system. There is no risk of human error or misjudgment due to wrong calculations.
- Pre-employment tests save the time of hiring by 60% and the cost of hiring by 70%.
- Enterprises can integrate the test forms to HR systems such as Oracle Taleo, iCIMS, Outmatch, Bullhorn, and NEOGOV, so the recruiters can work on a single system.
- The complexity level of the computer tests is decided based on the job requirements and the experience level.
Computer skills assessments help HR professionals identify eligible and skilled candidates. By mixing the pre-employment skills test with behavioral assessments and video interviews, companies large and small can streamline the hiring process without compromising on quality.
Enterprises can choose a testing package based on how many tests they want to conduct and when. The leading pre-employment testing companies provide a vast database for companies to create customized computer skills assessments by selecting questions from individual subjects and topics and have the option to upload exclusive content to the test. In addition, the questions are specific to the business.
There are many benefits of using skills assessments for candidate selection. Working with a skills assessment company can help make the hiring process more efficient, which will ultimately save time and money.
Created on Dec 21st 2020 05:15. Viewed 122 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.