Why an Online Charging System Is a Must Have for Any Telecom Business?by Kumud Dixit Seo Expert
Core telecom operations are complex. Even more complex are the operations related with billing and tracking of day-to-day customer interactions with the system. Given the requirements of modern-day customers, the challenges a telecom entrepreneur faces are immense and it is tough to streamline the workflow by employing rudimentary methods.
Major telecom operators have found a solution to these problems in the form of a magic wand that goes by the name of Online Charging System (OCS). This amazing yet under-utilized software can handle subscribers’ account balance and perform a number of operations without breaking a sweat. In the current competitive telecom market, it would be foolish to overlook the importance of this magical solution and delay its deployment.
What an Online Charging Solution Offers?
Everyone in the telecom business has heard about OCS. However, due to lack of knowledge and probably due to expenses, some operators shy away from integrating it into their business operations. If you are amongst those who still haven’t made up their mind, then have a look at some of its benefits that may change your outlook.
- Event and Session Base Charging– Not all services provided by telecom operators are billed the same way. SMS services are charged on per event basis and voice calls are charged on the basis of the length of the session. An OCS is able to account for both services type and serves as a single point for tracking this vital piece of information.
- Allows for Balance Management– One of the biggest gripes customers have with their telecom service provider is that they sometimes make mistakes while managing their account balance. Be it intentional or unintentional, a mistake made by telecom operator with regards to balance management can sway a customer into disconnecting the subscription. OCS makes use of account balance management function (ABMF) to keep track of the customer balance at all times and ensures it is maintained correctly.
How to Choose OCS for Your Telecom Operations?
An OCS online charging system must have the following functionalities for it to be effective in today’s telecom world:
- AI-powered OCS– Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasingly becoming popular in the world of today. Ensure that your OCS is integrated with AI to automate tracking processes.
- OCS backed by Real-time hosting – A real time charging systemwith real-time hosting services is the need of the hour today. For telecom operators who require the interactions to be transferred to their network on real-time basis should look for this feature in the OCS they employ.
- Redundancy– Customer interactions should never be lost. Make sure that the data is stored on multiple locations to prevent against data loss.
Created on Mar 8th 2019 08:19. Viewed 661 times.