Why A Dental Implant Is the Most Preferred Option for Tooth Replacement?by Allen Rose Doctor
In the past days, traditional dentures were the only solution for teeth replacement before the availability of dental implants Snellville. However, with the passing time, traditional dentures have improved a lot, but still require adhesives to be secured in your mouth, offer minimal chewing power, easily displaces from its position or produce clicking sounds while talking or eating. Traditional dentures also increase bone loss in the jaw and have many other issues that make this option less favored to replace a full arch of teeth.
What actually are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are positioned into your jaw to serve as replacement tooth roots. Then, they are capped by dental restorations like bridges, crowns or dentures to create completely functional replacement teeth. Dental implants are the long-lasting, most durable and lifelike solution of tooth replacement and recommended for all people. These consist of three parts:
Crown: The part of the implant appearing like a tooth, generally build with a ceramic material is designed to give the appearance of a natural tooth.
Base: Titanium screw that blends with a natural bone to offer a stable and safe base.
Connector: Sometimes known as an abutment, the connector is utilized to protect the crown of the implant that appears like a tooth to its base and is often octagonal or hexagonal in shape.
What are the Major Advantages of Dental Implants?
Dental Implants offer plenty of benefits and advantages in comparison to other forms of tooth replacement. The major advantages of dental implants are listed as:
- There is no need for weakening and grinding down of adjacent teeth with implant-supported teeth, as it is important when placing a dental bridge.
- Dental-implant-supported dentures require no adhesives, remain decisively in place, and give improved chewing power.
- Dental implants stop bone loss that normally happens below the missing teeth. By preventing bone, the firmness of your natural and adjacent teeth is preserved along with the shape and size of your jaw.
- Implant-supported crowns fill the space left by your missing tooth and stop bacterial growth that could result in gum disease and infection.
- Dental implants and the restorations contain similar function and appearance like natural teeth. Patients can’t normally identify the difference between a tooth supported by a dental implant and a natural tooth.
- Implant-supported teeth prevent the shifting of adjacent teeth from their position, keep them stable and do not make any effect on the alignment of your bite.
If you are planning to get dental implants, it’s important to look for a dentist in Snellville that have made great track records like Snellville Family Dental as they have trained and knowledgeable dentists who perform the dental implant procedure in the best manner. Their dentists utilize advanced technologies for completing the whole procedure and always provide the care in a comfortable and professional way. With them, you will also find other dental treatments like dental fillings, dental veneers, full mouth rehabilitation, teeth whitening, dentures, and many more. You can read about their dental implant service by visiting their website.
Created on Mar 11th 2019 02:38. Viewed 111 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.