Which Materials Used In Medical Implants Process?by Prasad Ugale PRECISION MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS
Medical implants are manufactured to support a damaged biological structure, or enhance an existing biological structure. Medical implants are in contrast to transplanted biomedical tissue. The medical implants are made using austenitic steel, which enable them to be put under pressure using bone fixation screws. Some of the equipments are made using martens tic steel that is harder than austenitic steel and remains sharp for longer period of time.
Materials Used in Medical Implants:
1. Austenitic Steel – Austenitic steels are non-magnetic stainless steels that contain high levels of chromium and nickel and low levels of carbon. This steel is known for surgical practices as it is the most corrosion resistant when in direct contact with biological fluid. It is important that a medical implant is not susceptible to corrosion when placed inside the human body to prevent the chances of infection occurring. This type of stainless steel is particularly effective as a medical implant when in cold-worked condition.
2. Polyethylene - Almost all knee replacement implants contain ultra-high molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). This is necessary to provide cushioning and movement. Polyethylene is the most common plastic and it is often one of the materials used in medical implants because it is a porous synthetic polymer that is biologically inert and does not degrade in the body.
3. Spine Screws, Rods, and Artificial Discs – The spinal surgery implants include fusion approached from the front, the back, or both. Spinal implants are pedicle screws provide internal structural support while the bone fuses, and bone graft can either be harvested from the patient or one of a number of synthetic bone graft substitutes or extenders can be used.
4. Metal Screws, Pins, Plates, and Rods - These implants materials made of cobalt and chrome. They are compatible with the body and hardly ever cause an allergic reaction. Plates are like internal splints and they hold the broken pieces of bone together. They are attached to the bone with screws. Screws can be used alone to hold a fracture, as well as with plates, rods, or nails. Pins are used in conjunction with other forms of internal fixation, but they can be used alone to treat fractures of small bones.
5. Coronary Stents - Coronary stent is a tube shaped device placed in the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart, to keep the arteries open in the treatment of coronary heart disease. Coronary stents medical implant can be used during a heart attack to quickly open a blocked artery and reduce the amount of damage to your heart.
Deccan Engineering Works is one of the top medical implants manufacturer company in India. We are medical implants manufacturer and supplier for over three decades. Amongst a huge no. of implants manufacturers in India, we enjoy a wonderful market acceptance. We have a comprehensive portfolio of medical Implants and Instruments numbering over a thousand products.
DeccanEW as a Medical Implants Manufacturers offer an exclusive range of Implants and Instruments. Our medical implants products are fabricated using high grade material, which are procured from certified vendors in the market. These are highly acceptable by our clients for features like durability, robust construction, Users-friendly and easy to clean.
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us: (0253) 6646234 / 9657039991
Visit us: http://www.deccanew.com/medical-implants.php
Created on Aug 21st 2019 06:53. Viewed 146 times.