What to Do When MacBook Pro Doesn’t Turn On
by James B. software
MacBook Pro Doesn’t turn on? Do not fret; it happens many times when your MacBook PRO won’t be turned on or shows some technical issues. Probably, your MacBook Pro needs servicing at the Apple store. But before you drag your MacBook Pro at Apple service center, we suggest you follow some simple steps provided by technical experts just to fix issues at home without moving to another place. It might be possible that issues are simple and easily resolve by you and your MacBook Pro starts working. Always remember that there is a diversity between MacBook Pro won’t turn on at all or MacBook Pro fails once you are turning it or during the time you are starting up. Underneath we try to provide you best and reliable solutions for troubleshooting MacBook Pro won’t turn on. Follow the complete guide to fix these issues. Here how to do it:
Steps to Troubleshoot MacBook Pro Won’t Turn On
Here are some troubleshooting steps which help you in resolving MacBook Pro won’t turn on. Sometimes, issues might be simple and easily fixed by following some steps, but only if you follow them in the right series as mentioned in this blog. Otherwise, these steps might create unnecessary hiccups for users. Here how to do it:
- Carefully check the battery and power supply of your MacBook Pro. Well, this trick is quite common, but when MacBook creates problem in turning on, then you need to check twice that it is plugged in properly in the power plug or battery is dead, or charging of your MacBook Pro battery left. In case, it is correctly plugged in and but creates a problem in turning on; then we suggest that you should verify the power cable that may be malfunctioning. Try to use another power cable that can help you in fixing the issue.
- If still facing issue MacBook Pro won’t turning on, check your MacBook Pro screen brightness cautiously. Again, this one is pretty ordinary and silly, but sometimes it works, and your MacBook Pro did start up, but still appears black color screen. However, press the F2 key located at the upper row of MacBook keyboard that will help you in increasing your screen brightness. And in the newer version of MacBook Pro, you can increase your screen brightness with the help of Touch Bar; it might works differently depending on your versions. If the Touch Bar is not lit up, this indicates that your MacBook Pro has not turned on.
After trying the aforementioned ways, still facing the same issue, here are some other effective methods which surely help you in fixing the issues. Here what’s the methods:
Reset SMC (System Management Scanner)
One of the best methods that help you in fixing MacBook Pro won’t turn on. We suggest you that resetting the SMC. SMC refers to the System Management Scanner that controls a lot of the necessary working of your MacBook, starting from lights and displays to fan and its power button. Before starting the process, we want to tell you that this procedure assumes that your MacBook Pro is turned on. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, power off the MacBook Pro.
- Now, plug into the power cord or power switch.
- Long press ‘Shift + Control + Option key altogether and hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds or more.
- After that, release all the keys and again tap the ‘Power’ tab.
Furthermore, if anyone is using MacBook Pro 2009 or earlier version, they will need to follow quite a different process, as some MacBook have removable batteries. Do the following:
- Initially, switch off MacBook Pro.
- Now, carefully remove the battery from it.
- After that, long press the ‘power’ tab for almost five seconds.
- Again put the battery into the MacBook Pro.
- Once battery re-inserted, tap the ‘Power’ button.
Franklin Patrick is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/Activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on May 9th 2019 01:05. Viewed 111 times.