What to Consider While Designing Home Office Spaces?by S3t Koncepts Interior Design Company
Imagine yourself sitting on a bean bag and meeting project deadlines in your living room! Though the idea of ‘work from home’ is undeniably fascinating, the real story is altogether different. The inability to create a balance between personal and professional life will affect your overall work productivity. Maybe, that’s why it is said that designing an appropriate home office space is imperative. However, there are certain distinctions between a ‘physical office’ and ‘home office’. Unlike the commercial workplaces, you are in no need to utilize the whole space while building a home workstation. In this set-up, a lesser used room/ space cannot be transformed into a workspace. Suppose there are two storerooms in a house, then revamp the empty one and add a professional touch to it. It is easier said than done. Separating two closely-related things has never been an easy job. So, the question is how to establish an ideal home office? Well, consider these 3 essentials before getting started:
Lighting : The lighting requirement may greatly vary based on the office setting. Spaces with windows can be a great source of natural lighting. Whereas for dark places such as a basement, looking for other lighting alternatives is a must. In such cases, a mix of general and task lighting would be good to go option. Also, poorly lit offices can result in adverse psychological effects such as depression. Some other tips directly from the best office interior company in Dubai are listed below:
- Avoid putting lighting right above computer systems
- Never place a computer opposite the light source.
- Whatever you choose, have the control to reduce or increase its intensity when required.
Use of Equipment : There is no place in the room for equipment that has no purpose to serve. Efficiency and speed are two aspects of every equipment. You must not sacrifice the quality for some bucks. Other than this, keep a separate phone line to directly connect with the clients. In addition, introduce a customer support team to address the customers’ grievances. The flexibility to work from anywhere besides the office spaces must also be considered. Lastly, buy insurance policies for the equipment in place.
Privacy : Privacy is one thing that must not be compromised when it comes to working life. For many people, putting their best foot forward is not possible in a noisy environment. Definitely, plugging headphones can be a solution but not the whole time. In consultation with the best office interior company in Dubai, we have listed a few ways to bring ‘privacy’ to home workplaces:
1. Use Dividers: This can serve twin benefits of a partition wall and being an extra storage solution. You can even put your books in the self.
2. Place Portable Screens: Home is a place where everyone prefers to be themselves. So, noises and interruptions are evident. To cope with the disturbances, fix portable screens at adequate places.
3. Put ‘Signage’ : Often, people forget that a person is struggling with a pile of work on his table. They choose to be loud and go crazy. To set a friendly reminder to others with whom you share the space, put ‘Do Not Disturb’ or ‘Work in Progress’ signage. This is an easy way to keep the distractions away.
Since you have the liberty to design your home offices based on your individual preferences, tastes and requirements, create a space that you can closely relate to and would love to work every day.
Hope you found this blog useful. In case of any query or assistance, connect with our highly experienced designers from a reputable Office fit out solution in Dubai.
For more info, Visit: S3tkoncepts
Created on Jun 19th 2019 06:45. Viewed 289 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.