What is QuickBooks® Error -6189, -816? How to Fix itby Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
No matter just how good software is QuickBooks, almost all software has some concerns or errors. QuickBooks is also prone to few errors. In this post we are going to review on one of the most common error that is reported by many QuickBooks users.
QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -816 is a technological error which could be additional categorized as a run-time error. You can commonly associate this error to other QuickBooks Error (-6189 ), Error (-6189, -82), Error (-6189, -1005) and Error (-6189, -85), as they likewise happen when you are trying to open company file or produce a new company file in your QuickBooks accounting solutions. You will obtain following error message:
“An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189,-816)”
The error code 6190 might be defined as "when you try to open your company file, you will certainly see an error -6189. It suggests that your company file is not accessible".
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
This error code means to say that a company file will unable to solve an issue & shows on your screen:-
- A company file is opened in a single-user mode on your computer hosting that accessible file.
- When a file is running on your Linux Server with multiple modes.
- Is your file is in single user mode and want to be accessed by any other Computer device as well, on an accurate time.
- If the location of a company file is into a Read-only network of this software folder.
- In fact, this file can be accessed remotely with multiple systems with the help of a remote system software technology.
The solution for this QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816:
Solution Number 1:
- It needs to restart your system and a server. A user also requires to restart their company accessed file, if troubling somewhere then asks expert guidance at Intuit QuickBooks® Error Support.
- Get to install the QB’s database manager in which you’ve stored a company file on that server.
- Make sure that your data file is stored on a network drive.
- We do not suggest you to use or to share services such as Dropbox, Chinese Link, Bokusnate or as any other type of online sync services. If the problem proceeds, after that continue to the next solution
Solution Number 2:
- First of all you need to Install QuickBooks Database Manager on your Server
- Now You should either install QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager.
- It should essentially be installed on your server where your company file is kept.
- If you are installing the Database Manager, then remember that it does not call for any added license.
- If you are not able to locate QuickBooks database user then install Database Manager, you can also seek it online.
- Once you have downloaded and installed it in your system then just restart your web server.
Solution Number 3:
- Firstly, Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer system
- Now run it by clicking on run option.
- This tool will automatically detect the corrupted or damaged company files or running problems in your QuickBooks. Also this tool will help you to fix, repair these files that are infected by damage or corruption.
Further, have any query related to this issue, ask expert guidance provided by our Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Support team that is always ready to assist you. We supplies 24/7 support services, to fix the problems of QuickBooks users and also offer the finest solution to user’s questions.
Created on Jul 11th 2018 18:08. Viewed 232 times.