What is Mobile Application Testing? Explain Types of Mobile Application testingby Hruska William Best Software Testing Company In Canada The number of mobile app users is aplenty, and hence the demand for mobile applications is at an all-time high. However, there are certain mobile applications that come with their own set of issues in line with performance, security, functionality etc. Hence, it becomes obvious to implement a strategic mobile app testing framework through which all the pertinent issues of the app can be tackled cohesively and pragmatically, thereby improving the overall quality of the mobile application. In this article, you will know about mobile app testing and its various types.
What is mobile app testing?
It is a testing method where tests are run against a mobile application to ensure that the usability and functionality meet the specific mobile app requirements. General types of testing such as load, performance, security, usability, functional testing, etc., are included in this testing method.
To ensure that the mobile application is of high quality, the process of mobile app testing should take into account several versions of operating systems, different screen resolutions, and all kinds of connection types. It must test and work on it accordingly.
Following are the types of mobile application testing:
1. Usability testing: A mobile application must be flexible and easy to use. An app will only gain prominence when it is able to provide an exceptional user experience to the customers. In order to make a user-friendly app, usability testing should be performed. Actual customers can be used for conducting usability tests on real devices, which will in turn result in enhancing the user experience and performance of the application.
2. Localization testing: In this testing type, the features that are dependent on the app’s geographical locations are tested. Most of the applications focus on providing service to global users and hence localized features are included for the benefit of the users. These features can vary from adhering to local laws and regulations to enabling commerce in local currency and also ensuring the different languages are enabled. These features are checked through localization testing to make sure that they are activated and functioning in the right locations.
3. Security testing: Data security is one of the main concerns of mobile app users. Confidentiality and online privacy of personal data are key concerns for users. As per a study, 81% of mobile users are ready to uninstall an app and switch to a competitor’s app, if they find loopholes in the security mechanism. As per a report, around 70% of users feel anxious because they think that their personal information will be shared without their permission. In order to make the app more robust and secure, a security testing strategy comes into perspective.
4. Memory leak testing: Memory leak is a condition where an app fails to retain the acquired memory in order to properly function for temporary purposes. The available memory capacity decreases, which in turn affects the app’s performance. If an app is opened or used frequently, there can be a possibility of a small memory leak. Programming bugs are the reason for memory leaks, hence mobile applications need to go through the testing process. When mobile app testing is performed, the app’s performance on different devices with different memory capabilities can be assessed, which will in turn help in optimizing the functionality of the applications.
5. Interruption testing: In this testing method, the application is thoroughly checked in terms of how it responds when unexpected interruptions arise. Following are some of the common interruptions that should be taken into consideration while testing:
Making a call or an incoming call while the application is running
Sending SMS or receiving SMS while the application is running
An up-gradation of OS is taking place while the application is running
Battery power is low while the application is running
6. Functional testing: In this testing method, every function of an application is verified in order to ascertain whether it is working as per the requirements. The user flows in the app are tested by this testing method.Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing mobile app testing for your specific mobile app development project, then do get connected with a top-notch software testing services company that will guide you professionally and provide you the necessary tactics, tools, and testing related support in line with your project-specific needs.
Created on Sep 13th 2021 02:25. Viewed 72 times.