What is it like to vacation in Tahiti?by Angeliicaa Maarianee Teacher
This article states about the unique things you can experience when you go for a holiday in the Tahitian Island.
Tahiti is considered as a paradise on earth consisting of five groups of islands known as French Polynesia. It is the main island of the Windward group of Society Islands. It is located in the central part of the Pacific Ocean and is officially a part of France. Originating from volcanic mountains, it is embellished with crystal clear water, abundant rainforests, mesmerizing lagoon, lava tubes, sand atolls and archaeological sites. In other words, the view is simply awe-inspiring. The place has a tropical island culture with French sophistication. In winters you can fantasize about being in this stunning part of the world. Let’s find out what is it like to vacation in Tahiti.
- Diving and snorkelling: If you love adventure and like to dive, you will find bright coral gardens with millions of fish of various species. You will also get to see all types of sea life like tiger sharks, dolphins and hammerhead sharks. The dive centres present in 11 islands offer outstanding visibility like the impressive wrecks, high-speed drifts and large pelagic species. This can be your Best Tahiti vacation as the lavish bungalows provide snorkelling gear and you can have a wonderful shark snorkelling experience.
- Unmatched accommodation: When you set out for a vacation adventure in French Polynesia, you will get to stay in bungalows on the shore. By staying in one of the ultra-luxurious bungalows on black sand beaches and enjoying sunset view every evening you will experience the Best Tahiti vacation in life. The bungalow also offers a private plunge pool, fully equipped kitchen, sofa sleeper, king size bed and a gorgeous bathroom.
- Collecting rare black pearls: It is one of the few places in the world where you will get black coloured pearls formed by black-lipped oysters. It is very hard to find a true black-coloured pearl but you can get one in Tahiti.
- Swimming and hiking under a waterfall: The spectacular mountains and lush tropical forest in the Tahiti’s terrain make for a perfect hiking destination. You will love to hike the Fautaua Valley near Papeete and the huge Hitiaa lava tube located on the east coast. Besides you get a chance to swim under a waterfall as there are plenty in the island interiors.
- Watching whales: The Austral islands belonging to Tahiti’s southernmost group is a breeding ground for southern humpback whales. So you can expect to see some of the whale action here. Though there are strict regulations about not disturbing them you can avail sightseeing boats.
- Viewing the night sky: There is little light pollution in French Polynesia due to low population. You can view the famous constellations in the clear sky like The Southern Cross, Scorpio and The Pleiades.
- Enjoying turquoise lagoons: This place is also famous for the stunning lagoons. Here you can dream about being surrounded by a calm turquoise sea. Rangiroa has the largest lagoon in French Polynesia situated in Tuamotu Archipeligo.
- Experiencing the best pacific and European cuisine: Tahiti’s cuisine is a combination of tropical ingredients with traditional French recipes. Some of the must-try delicacies are Poisson Cru, Bouillabaisse, Poulet Fafa, boulangeries Chow Mein Especiale, and baguettes.
So, Tahiti is like heaven
Created on Jan 16th 2020 20:59. Viewed 130 times.