What is FASTag POS? and How do I get FASTag POS from Alankit?by Radhika Chawla Marketer
The FASTag program in India is initiated by NETC (National Electronic Toll Collection) and backed by NPCI (National Payments Corporation Of India). As per the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, it is mandated for the vehicle owner to purchase FASTag for his/her vehicle passing through the toll booths.
What is FASTag?
FASTags helps in contactless toll payment without having to wait for your turn at the toll plaza. A FASTag is a sticker fastened on the windscreen of the four or more wheeled vehicle from the inside. The sticker has the RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) barcode imprinted on it, consisting of your vehicle’s data. The FASTag reader at the toll plaza scans the code, and the toll automatically gets debited from your FASTag wallet. An instant SMS is popped on your registered mobile number as and when toll deductions take place. You can purchase FASTags for your vehicle from the nearby FASTag POS.
What is FASTag POS (Point-Of-Sale)?
A FASTag POS located at National Highway tolls and various bank branches is a channel created by 31 NETC certified banks who officially issue FASTags. Some certified banks include Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank, etc. Buy FASTags at the nearest certified bank branch. You can also buy FASTags online from the FASTag portal and websites like Amazon, Paytm, Bank websites, etc.
What is Alankit?
Alankit Limited is an e-Governance Service Provider company providing governance services to citizens related to FASTag, PAN Card, ITR, GST and many more. They also have expertise in Health Care Services, Financial Services, Registrar and Share Transfer Agent, and Investor Education and Protection Fund.
How do I get FASTag POS from Alankit?
For providing superior FASTag services, Alankit has tied up with Axis Bank. The FASTag POS from Alankit is situated at 500+ National Highway toll plazas all over India, and the number of POS is increasing day by day for the better convenience of the users. Locate your nearby FASTag POS from Alankit here.
How can I apply for FASTag at Alankit?
Follow 5 simple steps to apply for FASTags at the nearby Alankit centre.
- Visit the nearby Alankit centre.
- The Alankit representative will guide you regarding all the information related to the FASTag application and documentation.
- Submit all the required documents like RC of the vehicle, identification proof documents, passport size photo, KYC documents, address proofs at the centre.
- Once documents are submitted, Alankit will process the application further.
- Collect the FASTag from the Alankit centre within 5–7 days of the FASTag application.
Once you get the tag, stick it on your vehicle’s windscreen and free yourself from the hassle of waiting in long queues.
What are the penalties for violating FASTag rules?
- If you enter the toll lane without a FASTag, then pay 2x the toll fee.
- If your FASTag is found with a non-functioning or invalid RFID at the FASTag lane, then pay 2x the toll fee.
- If you enter the FASTag lane with an insufficient wallet balance, then pay 2x the toll fee.
Having a FASTag is not enough. Keep an eye on the FASTag wallet balance and other requirements to avoid penalties. You can recharge your FASTag wallet from FASTag apps like MyFASTag and FASTag Partner.
Created on Apr 23rd 2021 05:13. Viewed 179 times.
Dear apsense member, share a connection request with me.
Mar 12th 2022 01:30