What is CorpPass Account? How to Register it for Your Business in Singapore?by Leslie S. Professional Content Writer
Singapore wants to be known as a Smart Nation. It uses easy to access and secure online portals or websites to provide eServices to its businesses and citizens. BizFile+ portal used to for online company incorporation Singapore is one such eService.
The businesses need to create their CorpPass account to access eServices and transact with government agencies online. These eServices have, to a great extent, eliminated physical visits to government offices, paperwork and are instrumental in saving resources.
What is CorpPass?
CorpPass (Singapore Corporate Access) is a corporate digital identity for Singapore businesses. As per the dictate, it is the only login method available for the businesses to transact with the agencies like IRAS. CorpPass is also binding for the other entities, like non-profit organizations & associations.
CorpPass is more convenient for the business owners and their employees to access digital eServices to fulfill their compliance needs and get information.
· They can sit in their offices and access appropriate government websites to file taxes, apply for grants, and obtain trade licenses
· They can also view work pass information, applicant’s pass type, date range, pass status, and their progress through the application process
Who can Use CorpPass on Behalf of Business
Only officially nominated individuals can use CorpPass on behalf of the entity.
One Man Shop
The individual who is registered as a Registered Officer with ACRA can choose to be a CorpPass Admin and to manage it. In this case, the owner needs to register for CorpPass account and should select the option to access all digital services.
Registered Officer can be an owner or a partner in the business, CEO, board member, or company secretary.
Alternatively, a business can have multiple users who access selected digital services as per their role. In such a case, the individual who is Registered Officer can choose to appoint a professional as a CorpPass Admin.
CorpPass Admin can be a COO, CFO, or HR director or an individual appointed by the Registered Officer.
· The Admin needs to register for CorpPass.
· The Registered Officer approves the application.
· Admin then creates a number of other users like Sub-Admin, Enquiry User, and User.
· Admin then selects digital services and assigns them to the appropriate users.
What Do You Need to Register CorpPass Account
· Unique Entity Number (UEN)
· Admin’s Personal details: National Registration Identity Card (NRIC), name, email, SingPass ID
· Registered Officer’s details (if an Admin is not RO): NRIC, name, email
· Incorporation document
· CorpPass Admin ID
· Foreigners with a SingPass ID can use it for registration
· Foreigners without SingPass ID can use CorpPass 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) mobile application
How to Set Up a CorpPass Account
· Ready the documents for CorpPass registration
· Vist CorpPass website
· Click on ‘Register as a CorpPass Admin’
· Create necessary accounts and roles
· Add digital services
· Assign digital services to appropriate users
Entities Eligible for CorpPass
· Local entities having Unique Entity Number (UEN)
· Foreign entities that transact with the government
· Local businesses having UEN
· GST-registered enterprises
· ASGD tax reference holding companies
· Income Tax Reference holding companies
· GST-registered sole proprietors need to create a separate CorpPass account using their GST number
· Companies under GST group or Divisional Registration must create a separate CorpPass account using their GST number
Allowing a Third-Party to Access Your Digital Services
Yes, you can authorize a third party to transact with the government on your behalf. The need arises when you hire providers of taxation services, accounting services, auditing services, job placement consultants, or services. These providers need access to transact on your company's behalf. Your CorpPass Admin can grant them access. Remember to create a CorpPass account after your successful company incorporation in Singapore.
Created on Aug 21st 2020 05:46. Viewed 354 times.