What Does Error Code 6123 Mean?by QB Pro Solution We provide best possible services
QuickBooks Error Code 6123 means Connection to the QuickBooks company file is lost. It crops up in multi-user environments due to:
- The system connection between the computer on which the blunder occurred and the server hosting the company folder was interrupted.
- Firewall software is overcrowding a port essential to communicate with the server hosting the company folder
- multiple occurrences of the QuickBooks database service are an organization
- QuickBooks data or program files are damaged
- the computer name on the computer hosting the QuickBooks company folder was changed while hosting was turned on
- the McAfee Privacy Service is installed with the Block Web virus filter option selected
The last 2 possible reasons are the easiest to troubleshoot. The Block Web virus filter in McAfee’s software is incompatible with QuickBooks and needs to be turned off. If the computer name on the computer hosting the company file was changed, close all applications, reboot that computer, and the first stop and re-start multi-user mode. Specific steps for these possible causes are discussed in this QuickBooks Error 6123 knowledge base article.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 04:04. Viewed 591 times.