IVF may be a process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in vitro and transferring embryo within the uterus. The analogy of ‘seed and soil’ explains the method of ivf during a simplified manner. On an equivalent lines, as every seed can’t be a plant, similarly every embryo transferred, inspite of the embryo and therefore the uterus being good, won’t end during a clinical pregnancy.
So, it’s totally a misleading claim that ivf ensures 100% success rate. Overall success rate with self eggs in same cycle is around 30-40%.
1) Optimized ovarian stimulation: Proper ovarian stimulation consistent with age, AMH is extremely important think about obtaining good quality eggs.
2) Closed working chamber: In closed working chamber we maintain proper environment for fertilization which is present in fallopian tubes like Co2 conc,. O2 conc. and temperature.
3) Frozen embryo transfer: FET means transfer of embryos in subsequent cycle after preparing endometrium. FET increase the probabilities of ivf conception & helps to realize better success rate as we’ve time for preparing endometrium, genetic testing of embryos (pgd). Improves success rate by 5-10% as transferring chromosomally normal embryos have better chances of implantation instead of chromosomally abnormal embryos.
4) Blastocyst culture: blastocyst culture means growing embryos in lab for 5-6 days then transfer into uterus. In average centre embryos are grown till day 3 then transfer. But blastocyst culture technique ensures that only good quality embryos survives till day 5 and increase the likelihood of healthy embryos being transfer . Improves success rate by 10-15%
5) Laser assisted hatching: during this technique, with the assistance of laser alittle crack within the outer coating of embryo was made then transfer. It helps in easy hatching of embryos and better implantation in uterine lining improves success rate by 5-10%
6) Donor oocyte: If female partner has poor quality eggs or no eggs then we will choose donor eggs. It improves success rate by 10-15 %
7) Hysteroscopy: hysteroscopy means visualizing cavity through an endoscope. It helps in identifying uterine abnormalities and proper them. this may improve chances of conception via ivf.
8) PRP Therapy: Platelet rich plasma extracted through patient’s blood and injected into patient’s ovary or uterine lining. It helps in patient with poor ovarian reserve or patient with thin endometrial lining through healing and regeneration process.
9) PGD/PGS: Embryo biopsy done to screen embryos for euploid status and couple with case history of genetic disease to possess healthy baby. It increases success rate by 15-20%
10) Endometrial receptivity test (ERA): taking endometrial biopsy and analyzing for 248 gene associated with receptivity. It tells us endometrial receptivity for embryos. It also increase success by 15-20%
All these advanced techniques ensures 60-70% overall success rate and in Origin Clinic we are having of these techniques available which help us to take care of this success rate.
Talk to the simplest team of fertility experts within the country today for all of your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.