What Are The Methods To Connect My Canon Pixma Wireless Printer?by Lucas Smith Technology Expert
There are two methods from which you can Canon Printer wireless Setup which have been described below such as:-
WPS CONNECTION METHOD:- basically there are few conditions which have to be met in order to use the WPS button method are the following:
● The first condition is you have to make sure that the access point should have the physical WPS push button and that has to be available in which you need to check whether the device user guide for the required details but if you can't find the button or if it is not available then you have to use the instructions which is in the standard connection method.
● The second condition is you have to keep in mind that the network of yours must be using the WPA or the WPA2 security protocol because most of the WPS enabled the access points to use this protocol.
Step1: In this step you have to make sure that the printer has to be turned on in which you need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button which is located on the top of the printer until and unless the alarm lamp flashes once.
Step2: In this step you have to make sure that the lamp which is next to the button will start to flash blue and then you need to go to the access point in which you have to press the WPS button within 2 minutes. Then you have to check when the printer has successfully made a connection to the wireless network of yours then the power and the Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and it will remain lit.
NETWORK SETTINGS CONNECTION:-
If you want to confirm that the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network or not then you can also print out the network settings of the printer:
● Here, you just have to ensure that your printer has to be turned on or not
● Then you need to load a sheet which is of A4 size or the letter sized plain paper.
● After that you have to press and hold the resume/cancel button until and unless the alarm flashes 15 times and then you need to release it.
Generally this thing has concluded the WPS setup procedure. You also have to proceed by installing the software so that it can make the most out of the PIXMA MG3540.
Also Read : HP Printer Error State
STANDARD CONNECTION METHOD:
Step1: in this step you have to make sure that you insert the CD which came with the printer and then you need to run the setup. But if you are not having the installation CD which has come with the product of yours then you need to download the manuals and the software so that you can continue with that.
After that you have to click on the next screen when the initial screen appears.
As when you have see that the screen has appeared then you have to type the password of yours so that you can allow the helper tool to be installed in which you need to click on the install helper.
You also have to make sure that the printer has to be turned on as well as the power lamp has to be on and after that you have to click on the next.
● In this step you have to click on the connect to the network.
● Then you will see that the following screen has appears in which you need to click the cable less setup.
● As you will see that the connection via cable less setup screen has been appear then you have to hold down the printer’s Wi-Fi button until and unless the orange alarm lamp flashes the 2 times then you have to release after the second flash.
● After that you need to confirm that the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly or not and then the green power lamp will remain lit and after that you need to click on the next.
Then you have to select the wireless setup by
using the USB cable and this is for the windows XP users only.
Also Check :
How To Download Printer Driver
Created on Sep 29th 2021 11:38. Viewed 464 times.