What are some good tips before buying HR software?
by Anii Jain Human resource executive
Purchasing HRMS software is a big step for any organization and a lot of thinking must go into before making the final selection. Below is the list of what things to look for while choosing the perfect fit for HRMS:
- Map your requirements– Have a clear understanding of the number of employees that the software would deal with. Understanding the components and features you require with the type of organization you have as every organization and the sector it belongs to have have different business needs pertaining to employee management and HR processes. You need to identify them and ensure if the software offers the same or not.
- Features meet your needs– Make sure before the purchase that the software has all necessary features that your organization requires. Features like recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, performance, appraisal process, leaves and attendance, reports, etc are all provided in the HRMS suite.
- Simplified solution– HRMS software is synonymous with simplification and if the software doesn’t provide you the assurance of simplicity and outstanding use-experience, there’s no point in making the purchase. The UX should be neat, understandable, all major feature options should be displayed on the single screen for easy access. Language used should necessarily be easy to understand, and most importantly, the user should be able to navigate through the options comfortably.
- Integration– It is essential that the HR software you plan on buying must give you integration facility with other systems such as your bio-metric systems for attendance, project management system, CRM, ERP, etc.
- SaaS based system available on-cloud is an advantage.
- Demo opportunity– although all software companies and vendors offer free-trials and demo and that is necessary to experience. It’s as they say- See it to believe it!
- See if it meets the budget and if it exceeds, can you also extend?
- Managed services are an important as post implementation issues, software training with updates and bug fixing is a genuine need for successful implementation of HRMS.
- Shortlist at east 3-4 software from several vendors and figure out who is giving you the most features, features that you need in the right price category and then finalize.
SHRMpro is a complete HRMS software designed keeping in mind all the above mentioned key aspects organizations take into consideration before finalizing the HR suite of their requirement. We offer many other values adds to our customers as well.
- Must always check the response and ratings for the selected software before finalizing.
Created on Aug 1st 2019 06:32. Viewed 124 times.