Warehouse Maintenance Tips You Should Know Aboutby U.S. Facility Solutions Office Facility Management Company
Are you in charge of a whole warehouse or any other storage facility? Then you should know about the proper warehouse maintenance so you can maintain its cleanliness. This is important so to keep the employees safe as well as for the right storage of the products. This article will show you some of the things that you should include in your checklist.
Sanitation is essential in addition to the other necessary maintenance chores. This is because any given day, there are people who are working in the facility, moving products and various items in, out, and around the place as they go about their jobs. People and products are always in contact, and this should be of bigger concern, especially if the staff is handling perishable and food items. Therefore, you should never scrimp or take for granted even the small things that you can do to ensure that the whole place is spotless.
Here are some of the things that you should regularly do for your warehouse maintenance tasks.
- Hire a professional warehouse maintenance service provider. This is common sense, right? And something every facility should have, but sadly, for some companies to save a few dollars, they would hire just one janitor even though the warehouse is too big for only one person to clean. As a result, the janitor would cut corners to cover as much floor area as possible within a workday. And frankly, this is a deplorable practice.
- In addition to the above points, there must be a regular and thorough storage maintenance and cleaning schedule. It can be once a month, every three months, or even more. This is to make sure that your warehouse is spotless and also to let the professionals clean the whole area.
- Install air curtains on the doors, especially in rooms where not even the smallest winged insect is allowed. This is because an air curtain is an excellent deterrent against such types of insects as the continuous flow of downward air would disrupt the flight of any of these small creatures. And as a bonus, it can also act as a temperature barrier.
- Get the electrical wiring checked at least once a year, just like with a house. If you do not have an in-house electrician, find a reliable office facility management professional to do it for you. Do not do it on your own, not unless you are a qualified electrician. It is not enough that you understand how a building's electrical system works. This is a delicate task that is best left in the hands of certified personnel.
- And lastly, make sure your facilities are complying with the various regulations set by the government, either national or local. There are minimum requirements, from the electrical to the air quality within the building. However, it would be better if you always aim to exceed it.
While understandably, it is not an easy task to do warehouse maintenance, you still have to do an excellent job of it for the benefit of the workers and to keep the items being stored there in good condition.
Created on Jul 2nd 2020 05:13. Viewed 118 times.