Upsides and Downsides of Luxury Vinyl Tilesby Philip Smith Inbound Marketing Manager
Luxury vinyl tiles are a cost-effective flooring material which you can use in almost any area of your home. Though, you will need to select the right thickness of tile based on the traffic and conditions of the area you are going to use them for.
This blog talks so much about luxury vinyl tiles with an aim to help you choose and use them for your project –
Upsides of LVT –
- LVT is a low-cost material. In fact, it is cheaper than ceramic, porcelain, and even glass tiles.
- It is waterproof and water-resistant. Meaning, you can use it for any area of your home without worrying about water- or moisture-damage.
- Luxury vinyl tile is stain-resistant too. Stains of any kind do not find a safe shelter here, because there are no pores on these tiles.
Apart from these, these tiles are easy to use and they feel comfortable when walked upon. The best part is, LVT imitate the look of luxury hardwood or stone, and render the same in your space, when installed correctly.
Downsides of LVT –
- It is a soft material, and it can receive potential damage even by pulling a piece of furniture on the floor.
- Luxury vinyl tiles can catch fire. So, if there is gas burner or stove in your kitchen, then LVT might not be a wise selection for floors.
- It requires the subfloor and underlayment to be perfectly level and tightly screwed.
Working with LVT is super easy. You just have to ensure that the subfloor and underlayment are perfectly flat, level, and stable. In addition to that, installation does not take much of your time. Moreover that, you don’t have to wait for the thin set or grout to dry and cure to use your LVT flooring. You can walk immediately on your walk after installation.
Created on Aug 20th 2021 01:54. Viewed 228 times.