Understand the Scope of Professional Career in Film Making Industryby AAFT Scholl Of Cinema School of Cinema
In the year 1896, the Lumiere brothers unveiled the art of cinema to Indian audience when they screened six short films in Bombay. That enormous beginning of Cinema has turned India as one of the most prosperous film making industries over the time. With the growing of this industry, the opportunities for professional career associated with it also started emerging in this creative arena. An upright filmmaker is called captain of the ship as he/ she doesn’t just know his/her role well, but also the roles and responsibilities of every other player working on the particular project.
Keeping this thing in mind, an inclusive professional training program would generally offer a comprehensive knowledge across all scales and intricacies of this craft. Courses like BA in filmmaking in India presents career opportunities beyond the boundaries. Understanding of the art of direction to script writing to cinematography to acting skill to marketing skills are the key aspects of any movie direction course in India. AAFT University’s School of Cinema is one such educational platform which offers most realistic wide range of UG, PG degree and diploma courses along with state-of-the-art studio facilities and guidance of best of faculty and industry expertise. From workshops with celebrities to making of live projects- all practical modules here provide an extra impetus to the students.
Any film making course in India should give emphasis on five basic aspects of cinema to prepare the stars of tomorrow in this field. These five disciplines required for comprehensive knowledge through any course are- direction, cinematography, production, production design and post production.
· Direction: It covers the role and responsibilities of a director in story progression, pre-production, production, and post-production. Students are trained to showcase the story cinematically, use of camera, concoct a script analysis and involve in the casting and rehearsal course with actors.
· Cinematography: Understanding of the method of moving camera and lighting in conglomeration with the core of the story matter - visual storytelling. Students are skilled to apply fundamental techniques of exposure, subject modelling, set lighting. This course prepared students to understand different concepts, techniques, combined to other important skills on camera, lighting and gripping.
· Production: It is about knowing A to Z of a film making along with importance of marketing, distribution and packaging of a film.
· Production Designing: Students get to know the basic ideologies of how to mature a visual concept, design the set, prepare the budget. Key topics include budgeting, construction, painting, and aging, drafting, set design.
· Post Production: Understanding of video editing, sound editing, sound mixing, music, and colour correction along with hand-on training with industry friendly editing software.
Created on Mar 6th 2021 01:25. Viewed 233 times.