Top 7 Tips On How To Maintain Your Air Conditionerby Kristen White Blogger Your air conditioner is a machine that needs maintenance and servicing regularly. In the present time, air conditioners are found in every other home and office; after all, they make you feel comfortable and relaxed even during the hot and humid summer days. Just like every other electrical product, an air conditioner might also face some common issues and problems which can be eliminated if you take proper care and maintain the unit.
Maintaining your air conditioner will increase the life span of your unit, plus it will also save money. A well-maintained air conditioner unit will also work on low energy saving on the energy bills as well. Your air conditioner unit consists of different parts which include filters, coils, etc which require regular maintenance and cleaning to function properly. An AC mechanic can be hired to help you with maintaining your air conditioner unit. Here, we are sharing some tips on how to maintain your air conditioner unit.
How to maintain your air conditioner unit?
1. Shut off the power- air conditioners work on electricity and due to the dangers of working around electricity, you should disconnect the power before doing anything with the unit.
2. Remove the cover or filter of the AC and clean the front coil- removing the filter will expose the cooling coils. The filter might be in a bad shape, so you will need some tools to work with. The front coil can be cleaned with a cleaning agent specifically made for air conditioners from your nearby general stores. This will help you to eliminate any dirt and dust accumulated there.
3. Clean the filter and replace it- the filter can be clean with plain water. A clean filter is a must for the smooth running of the air conditioner. You can replace the filter and check if the air conditioner is working properly after 10 or 15 min.
4. Clean the outdoor coils and the outdoor area- all the debris and dust around the unit should be cleaned regularly to make sure none of it goes inside the unit and disturb the working of the air conditioner.
5. Reconnect power after a break- do not automatically reconnect your air conditioner after cleaning. Since you might use water and other cleaning agents, it is ideal to wait for 15-20 min and then reconnect the unit. Set the cooling and adjust the temperature to test the air conditioner.
6. Hire a professional AC mechanic - there aren’t any repairs that you can do yourself. Air conditioners consist of complex parts that common people may find difficult to understand. Also, with limited knowledge, you don’t want to do anything that may damage these parts. The air conditioners should be professionally inspected and maintained before every season. An annual maintenance check is necessary. This will only prove beneficial as it will increase the efficiency of your unit.
These easy to perform tips on maintaining your air conditioner can help restore your air conditioner unit back to life. But sometimes, maintenance and these tips cannot help a lot. You should acquire the help of a professional regarding replacing certain parts or the entire unit depending upon the status of the air conditioner. You should also take utmost care while working on your air conditioner as there is electricity involved.
It is best to take help technicians and mechanics as they are trained to do so. Well-cleaned ducts and proper air flow are also necessary for the smooth functioning of the unit but a normal homemaker will not be equipped with the necessary skills and tools to do so. Hence, it is always necessary to have a skilled technician to help you out.
Created on Feb 27th 2019 00:10. Viewed 495 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.