Top 5 Features to Look Before Buying Your Next Pair of Sunglassesby Sara Menon Urban Monkey
Sunglasses have become an essential part of the wardrobes of all age groups from the 70s in India. If we think about the hip-hop culture and the movies made in that era, Sunglasses, chunky jewelry, bell bottoms will first come to our minds. The duo of Bappi Lahiri and Mithun Chakraborty comes to our minds when we think of the Disco Era in Bollywood. In the later years, Govinda, Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, and other celebrities sported sunglasses in their respective movies.
Sunglasses for Men became popular in the 1920s in the US when Sam Foster started selling them close to Jersey Shore. Many celebrities adopted round Sunglasses in the US and other parts of the globe.
Top 5 Features to Look Before Buying Your Next Pair of Sunglasses
1. UV protection- Sunglasses protect the eyes from the harmful effect of Ultraviolet rays. You might think that it is just to increase your fashion quotient; however, it is always a good idea to invest in a good pair of sunglasses when you are going out. If you plan to Buy Sunglasses Online, then Urban Monkey Sunglasses might be a good option.
UV 400 sunglasses provide the best level of protection for your retina. Both UVA and UVB rays are filtered out, and you will get that soothing feeling. Please be careful to check the amount of UV protection your chosen brand and model gives.
2. Tint/Lenses- Sunglasses are available in various tints and lenses, just like cars. If you drive cars, then possibly a pair of grey-tinted lenses will be the best for you. If you are looking for a pair of sunglasses for women, amber or brown lenses look the best. They are very effective in reducing glare and blue light. A tint known as Gradient will give the dual effect which you might have seen in movies. The shades are darker on top and have a lighter tint at the bottom. Polarized sunglasses filter out rays of one particular type of polarization. It reduces the glare and safeguards your eyes further.
3. Material and Frames of Sunglasses- Plastic is the base material for the lens part of the sunglasses, and even the rim is made of various compounds of plastic. Zyl Acetate or blended Nylon is considered high quality, and sunglasses made of that material are long-lasting and protective for your eyes.
4. Brand/Style- There are multiple types of sunglasses available in the market. Aviator, Browline, Oversized, Shutter shades, Teashades, Wayfarer, and Wrap-around are some of the styles you can choose from. Most of the websites now offer the virtual AR (Augmented Reality) based option for you to make the best selection. When you Buy Sunglasses Online, you can check how it looks on your face type. A pair of Cool Sunglasses will make you popular amongst your buddies in college or the workplace.
5. Fit- Of course, no one would want to wear a piece of accessories that do not fit well. If it is too small for your face, it will hurt your temples, and if it is large, the shades will fall off. So it is a good idea to wear them first and then buy them. If you buy sunglasses online, it will be a good idea to check the return policies. If they are non-returnable, then it is better to skip them. Urban Monkey Sunglasses have extremely user-friendly return policies.
Other important Features of Sunglasses
If you have power in your eyes, do not go for regular sunglasses, which may hamper your vision. Instead, please visit an ophthalmologist, and they can provide you with a proper prescription which you can use in a store near you.
You may continue to wear your regular pair of spectacles and use a pair of clip-on glasses above them as a protective shield. A pair of magnetic strips will be attached to such a pair of sunglasses, and you can attach them easily to your eye gear.
Maintaining Your Sunglasses
Never use rough materials or rough chemicals to clean your sunglasses. Here’s a full guide on how to maintain your eyewear.
ConclusionPlease check out the collection at Urban Monkey Sunglasses, and you will get options like Polarized Sunglasses, UV protection, etc. They look uber-cool and are designed for the Millennials and youngsters. Happy shopping and happy looking good in the festive season !!!
Created on Oct 9th 2021 04:49. Viewed 267 times.