Tips to make your living room more spaciousby Shikha Desai Real Estate Advisor
Property in Mumbai is expensive. Space is something that is very difficult to find in this city but that doesn’t mean that we don’t love our homes. Developers in Mumbai try their best to give us the most in the space they have, but a lot of times it not enough.
There are a lot of upcoming residential projects in Mumbai right. This is great time to be a first time home buyer in the city. One of the key complains new homeowners have is that even 4 bhk flats in Mumbai don’t have a spacious living room. If you too are facing the same problem, we’ve got some tips for you.
1. Strategically place tall potted plants: Fill vertical height in the room with tall potted plants. As long as the space gets enough light to help the plant go, there’s nothing wrong in having a tall potted plant.
2. Fill dead wall space rather than keeping it bare: It is always advisable to keep furniture off the wall, which creates an arrangement closer to the center. This leaves the wall empty. It could be filled by placing a console table accompanied by frame and hangings on the wall.
3. Use chairs: Chairs next to the console look very smart. A piece of art work or a mirror can also be placed to make it look extra-ordinary. You can even pull out a chair while hosting a party.
4. Fill the large spaces with L-shaped seating: Modern, large spaces are especially suited to fashion L-Shaped Sofa. This piece of furniture screams comfort and also looks luxurious in your living room.
5. Natural light: Always make way for natural light, make sure nothing obstructs natural light. Positive vibes come in with natural light, so you want to make sure that there is ample of natural light falling into your living room. Dark living rooms are uninviting and can feel depressing.
6. Creating seating groups: If you’re a social person make sure that you make your living room as group seating friendly as possible. You would not want anybody standing or wandering around to find a seat.
7. Add bookshelves and books: There’s something comforting with having a book shelf in your living room. You can use the wall behind your television to turn it into a bookshelf.
8. Add personal and family photos: A living room feels lively if there are photos of your loved ones and family. It gives out warmth and positivity. It makes you feel more like your home.
9. Make use of wall space: A blank wall is a wasted art work. You would want to fill it with frames and art work. It makes it feel lively.
10. Decorate with flowers: Floral arrangements add to the warmth of the living room. Make sure that it gets all the natural light and love.
Created on Nov 6th 2017 03:59. Viewed 592 times.