Things To Know Before You Buy A Lab Grown Diamond Ringby Mariia Smith Professional writer and blogger
Summary: Misconceptions and myths shroud laboratory-prepared diamonds. Understandably, you suffer from them too. Here you will learn everything that you must know about such diamonds.
When it comes to almost anything in life, the real deal always trumps the fake. However, if you consider diamonds, then this concept ceases to remain true. Do you feel good about purchasing overpriced and unethically produced diamonds? You won’t because your conscience will keep on bothering you. Indeed, most women don’t feel proud about flaunting faux jewelry, but laboratory-prepared diamonds are becoming extremely popular. They are significantly more affordable than traditional, naturally-occurring diamonds. So what is a laboratory-prepared diamond?
- No difference: The first thing that you probably want to know about a lab-grown diamond ring is if the stone is real or not. Experts say that laboratory-prepared diamonds are physically, chemically, and optically identical to the real version. Apart from that, laboratory-developed diamonds pass through the same IGI inspection and certification process. Therefore, you can buy such a diamond without hesitation.
- Comparing the two: As already mentioned, there aren’t any differences between the stones used in preparing a lab-grown diamond ring and a regular diamond ring. The only thing that can separate the two is the preparation process. Laboratory-prepared diamonds come from replicating the method by which nature produces real diamonds. Manufacturers create lab-developed diamonds by two procedures; High Pressure-High Temperature of HPHT process, and Chemical Vapor Deposition of CVD process.
- Affordability: Laboratory-prepared diamonds are profoundly more affordable than naturally occurring ones. The former costs thirty to forty percent lesser than the latter. However, there is a problem with laboratory-developed diamonds. They don’t retain their value when it comes to reselling them. If you plan to purchase a big stone, then you should forget any plan of selling it.
- Impact on the industry: Experts believe that lab-grown diamonds will encompass a majority of the diamond jewelry manufacturing and designing industry. Despite this fact, most people still prefer buying mined diamonds for their engagement rings. A report released this year by the International Grown Diamond Association states that more than eighty percent of millennials like laboratory-developed diamonds. In that respect, around ten percent of the non-millennials opt for mined diamonds. Of course, this value will increase with time.
- Misconceptions: Undoubtedly, the biggest myth about lab-grown diamonds is that they aren’t real. Some people tend to confuse this diamond alternative with cubic zirconia or moissanite. However, experts request their customers to believe that there aren’t any differences between lab-grown diamonds and naturally occurring ones. So, if you are in the market for an engagement ring or you wish to buy diamond jewelry, then laboratory-developed diamonds are the best.
The bottom line
The process of crafting lab-grown diamonds is the same followed by nature to convert carbon into diamond. The manufacturers expose carbon to a simulation of the same geological conditions required to produce a naturally occurring precious stone. The truth is that lab-diamonds aren’t synthetic or faux. They are the scientifically produced version of the real deal. Manufacturers prepare them in pristine conditions for several months depending upon the required size. One won’t be able to tell the difference without access to special laboratory equipment and knowledge.
Created on Jan 2nd 2020 00:43. Viewed 298 times.