Things to Know about Admission at Top Schools in Kolkataby BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
The world of education is evolving. New methods of pedagogy, new syllabus, new systems of evaluation, call for a new approach. This change is witnessed at every stage. Right from nursey education to higher studies, educationists are implementing the latest tools of pedagogy. Some of the top schools in Kolkata are implementing them to bring out the best in students. From August onwards, schools will go for new admissions. It’s time to know everything about the admission process.
Refer to school websites
Thanks to the internet. No longer do you need to queue for picking up admission forms. All you have to do is keep a track of the school websites. Keep an eye on admission notices. Download admission forms, fill them up and submit them along with requisite fees.
Schools will then enlist the names of students for admission interviews and put them on websites along with dates of interviews.
It is in the best interests of parents and children to get prepared for the admission interviews, much before the declaration of dates.
How to prepare for admission interviews?
Parents of nursery going children should take extra care to prepare for admission interviews. We’re going to make things easier for you by sharing some tips:
1. Nowadays, most parents send their children to preschools. It is a healthy practice. Preschooling assists in a child’s development in multiple ways.
● With preschools, little children get the first taste of a disciplined life.
● Children know that they have to go to bed at a fixed time and wake up in the morning, again at a fixed time.
● Preschooling makes a child self-independent. The child learns about toilet rules. He/she also learns about personal hygiene issues.
● Preschooling teaches a child how to go along with people, how to communicate etc.
● Probably the best thing with preschooling is, children don’t need to prepare separately for interviews for nursery admission.
2. Preschooling doesn’t mean that your child will successfully get through the admission process. With passing time, admission interviews are getting tougher. Sometimes, interviewers may ask tough questions. It is better to be ready.
3. Parents should talk with admission coordinators. It is good if you directly ask what they expect from interviewees.
4. Homeschooling is a wonderful idea to prepare a child for admission interviews. Allocate hours of study. Prepare routines and follow them. Try to stick to them. Break a routine only for some emergency.
5. Add a fun element to teaching methods. Make study hours more exciting for your child so that he/she grows enthusiasm for different subjects.
Importance of selecting the right school
It is very important to select the best school for your child. Knowledge about the faculty members, track records of school, methods of pedagogy, quality of infrastructure, the affiliated board of education etc. matter a lot. Schools shape the future of students. Schools build the base of education. A weak foundation can jeopardise the entire career of a student. Hence, in the matters of choosing a school, parents can’t take risks.
Be it is admission in CBSE schools in Kolkata or in ICSE schools, parents should make informed decisions.
Created on Jun 11th 2019 06:01. Viewed 314 times.