The fuel system design of diesel generators installation roomby Generator D. Diesel Generator
The fuel supply system consists of fuel storage system, fuel delivery system and fuel filter system. Today Starlight generator set manufacturer analyze: diesel generator set fuel system diagram.
A.Fuel storage tank (main tank)
The main tank is a large tank for storing fuel. Fuel is delivered from the main tank to a smaller auxiliary tank or directly to the engine.
The fuel tank must meet the following requirements:
1. Use low carbon steel or black iron material. Avoid galvanized joints, pipes and tanks.
2. The fuel tank can be installed above or below the ground, but the highest oil level should not exceed the height of the engine injector. This avoids the possibility of fuel leaking into the cylinder.
3. Make sure that water and sediment are regularly drained from the bottom of the tank.
4. For the oil tank installed under the ground, the water can be discharged from the bottom of the oil tank regularly by water pump.
5. The tank vent releases the air pressure due to refueling and prevents vacuum during fuel consumption.
B.Auxiliary tank (or daily tank)
The auxiliary tank needs to be added in the following cases
1. The main fuel tank is placed more than 3.7m below the engine fuel pump
2. The main fuel tank is placed more than 15m away from the engine
3. The height of the main fuel tank exceeds the height of the engine fuel injector
1. The material of fuel pipe should be black iron. However, the small oil pipe with diameter less than 13mm can be replaced by copper pipe. Valves and fittings can be cast iron or bronze. Do not use brass (because it contains zinc)
The oil pipe should be installed far away from heat sources (such as
exhaust manifold and turbocharger) to avoid fuel overheating and
potential danger. The maximum temperature entering the engine fuel
nozzle should not exceed 66 ° C. every 6 ° C above this temperature
value will reduce the power by 1%
3. Valves should not be used in the fuel return line to avoid damage to the fuel filter. The return line should go into the top of the tank.
4. Soft connection should be used between engine, fuel pipe and fuel tank to isolate vibration.
5. The diameter of oil inlet and return pipes shall not be less than the corresponding interface size on the engine.
6. The installation position of the auxiliary oil tank should make the maximum oil level of the fuel tank lower than the height of the engine fuel nozzle, so as to avoid the possibility of fuel leakage to the cylinder during shutdown.
7. The external pressure of engine fuel return outlet should not exceed 27kpa.
D. Oil tank of generator set base
The standard configuration of the generator set with power less than 440kw can provide 8 hours of full load operation of the unit. It is located under the base of the generator set and has been installed in complete set.
E. Fuel tank ground
In order to improve the safety of personnel and prevent the fire caused by internal electrostatic spark during refueling, both the main oil tank and the auxiliary oil tank must be grounded. The base oil tank and generator set can be grounded at the same time.
We are not only provide technical support, but also provide diesel generating sets, we have our own factories: one for producing our own brand alternator Starlight, one for producing diesel generator set. Our generator power range is from 20kw to 3000kw, covering Cummins, Volvo, Perkins, Deutz, Yuchai, Shangchai, Ricardo, Weichai, Doosan etc. Welcome to contact us by email email@example.com.
Created on Jul 6th 2020 21:01. Viewed 122 times.