The Concept and Procedure of Arya Samaj Marriageby Neha Chhibber Lawyer Arya Samaj Marriage Lawyer
Those couples, who’re planning to marry each in a rather simple way amid the Coronavirus Pandemic can opt for an Arya Samaj Marriage. The concept of Arya Samaj Marriage in India is considered as the best legal alternative for traditional big fat Indian weddings!
Based on the ‘Vedic culture and tradition’ Arya Samaj Marriage is governed by the ‘Special Marriage Act of 1954’ that allows every individual of the country to marry anyone irrespective of considering their caste, creed, sex or religion in any Arya Samaj Mandir.
However, related to the whole aspect of ‘Arya Samaj Marriage’ there’s a lot more than this which you should get to know after you finished reading this blog! So, to have a better idea about the concept, eligibility criteria, and procedure of Arya Samaj Marriage, continue reading further:
The Eligibility Criteria for Solemnizing Arya Samaj Marriage in India:
· Couples age should be as per the legal marriage age given in the law i.e., a girl should be 18 years of age and a boy should be 21 years of age.
· Any individuals belonging to Arya Samaj or other religions like Buddhism, Sikhs, or Jains.
· Individuals belonging to Muslims, Christians, Parsis, or Jews i.e., all non-Hindu couples who want to get married as per the Arya Samaj rituals can do so, after converting themselves through a process called ‘Shuddhi’—the purification of the soul.
· Also, individuals are allowed to do Inter-caste Marriages as well as Inter-religious Marriages.
List of Documents Required for Solemnizing Arya Samaj Marriage:
· Address Proof of both the Bride and Groom
· Age proof (D.O.B certificate) of both the Bride and Groom
· The Marriage invitation card
· 7 Passport size photographs of both the Bride and Groom
· 2 eye-witnesses along with their one-one passport size photograph, address proof, and identity proof.
· Separate affidavits from both the Bride and Groom for stating —
· Affirmation that the bride and groom are not related to the degree of prohibited relationship with each other.
· The present marital status i.e.,
· In case of widow/widower, a copy of Spouse death certificate is required &
· In case of a divorcee, a copy of Divorce decree or order is required.
Steps of Procedure Involved in Solemnizing Arya Samaj Marriage:
· To do an Arya Samaj wedding first, you need to check your eligibility as per the above-given criteria to know whether you’re eligible for doing marriage as per the Arya Samaj or not.
· After knowing that you’re eligible, book an appointment in the Arya Samaj Mandir of your area or locality to start the marriage process.
· Then, simply arrange the following above-listed necessary documents before going for the marriage.
· After arranging the documents, wait until you receive the appointment letter from Arya Samaj Mandir
· Once you received the appointment letter, visit the same Arya Samaj Mandir as per the specific date (mentioned on the appointment letter) in order to solemnize the marriage as per the following rituals—
· Parikrama or 4 Phere of the Holy Fire
· Saptapadi; 7 steps that the bride and groom need to take together
· Sindoor Daan &
· All this process hardly takes a maximum of 2 hours.
· After completing your marriage rituals, you can collect the Arya Samaj Marriage certificate from Arya Samaj Mandir
· And, to give legal status to your Arya Samaj Marriage, register it at the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) by fulfilling all the registration formalities with the help of following documents—
· Marriage certificate from Arya Samaj Mandir
· One marriage photograph
· 10th class Certificate
· Aadhar card or Voter ID card as the identity card
· 4 Passport Size Photos of both the bride and groom along with ID Proofs of the two eyewitnesses.
So, this is all that you should need to know in advance before solemnizing the Arya Samaj Marriage--a legal alternative to traditional Indian weddings in India.
Created on Jul 22nd 2020 10:38. Viewed 447 times.