The Best Places to Visit in Atlantaby Kevin Smith Author
Visiting a new country, state, or city is a fun way to learn about different cultures and to get a vacation from your daily life. Being in a new place, though, can be scary because you don't know where to go and what to do. The explorer side of you will eventually figure it out, but to be on the safe side, checking out the tourist attractions in Atlanta is the best way to enjoy your stay.
Atlanta is one of the most popular cities to visit in the state of Georgia; its popularity flourished when reality shows started filming in the city. There are many different places to visit to get to know the history and people of Atlanta, GA. One thing for sure that any tourist will love is the southern cuisine. Atlanta is the home for several 4-star restaurants. Ray's in the City is a high-end restaurant that serves seafood and steak, while customers enjoy the sound of smooth jazz. Home Grown GA restaurant has a laid-back and retro-country atmosphere, serving authentic southern food. BoccaLupo offers a subtle and intimate dining setting, serving Italian cuisine and creative cocktails. If you love to dine and eat great food, Atlanta, GA, should be on the top of your list of cities to visit.
Places to Go
For those who prefer tourist attractions in Atlanta that offer more hands-on learning and exploration, the sites below, along with many others, will keep you busy during your entire trip.
· Georgia Aquarium – Located, in downtown Atlanta, the aquarium has 6 galleries, more than 70 habitats, and thousands of species that you can learn about and have a better understanding.
· Fox Theatre - You can be entertained and enjoy the Broadway musicals, comedy shows, and dance performances all year round.
· Atlanta Botanical Garden - Visit the Fuqua Orchid Center where you can discover a rare collection of orchids that have never grown in the Southeast.
· Center for Civil and Human Rights - You can view personal papers and items from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The center also offers educational programs so visitors can learn about the movements for human rights around the globe.
· SkyView Atlanta - 20-story-tall Ferris wheel with 42 gondolas that can hold up to 6 people offering a beautiful view of the city of Atlanta. VIP gondolas are also available.
· Zoo Atlanta - A large and modern zoo that houses over 1,500 animals, with some being endangered species.
Created on Dec 18th 2017 01:51. Viewed 349 times.