The Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery for Uterine Fibroidby Ankita Mathur Medical Consultant
How Fibroid Treated By Laparoscopy?
Fibroid are the non-cancerous tumors that originate from the layers of uterine muscles. They are also called as uterine fibroid, fibromyomas, or myomas. Fibroid are the growths of fibrous tissues and smooth muscle. Fibroid may vary in size, from a bean to as big as a melon.
Among the different categories of patients requiring fibroid surgery are women with heavy bleeding; with pelvic pressure or pain; incontinence that interferes with the quality of life; urinary frequency; severe anemia due to heavy bleeding or blockage of the ureters from large fibroid.
The laparoscopic surgery is the minimally invasive procedure in which the surgeon evaluates and removes the fibroid through various small abdominal incisions. In a laparoscopic surgery, 4 one-centimeter incisions are made in the lower-abdomen: one at belly-button, one below the bikini line near the pubic hair, and one near each hip.
The cavity of abdomen is filled with the carbon-dioxide gas. A lighted telescope which is very thin is placed through the incision so that the surgeons can clearly see the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. Long instruments, inserted from other incisions remove the fibroid. The uterine muscle is then sewn, the gas is released and skin incisions are closed.
Full recovery from the conventional surgery takes 4 - 6 weeks, while for the laparoscopic uterine fibroid, time of recovery is about 2 - 4 weeks. Patients should get ample amount of rest, avoid heavy lifting for six weeks and avoid sexual intercourse until the doctor permits.
Cost Of Laparoscopic Surgery For Fibroid
During the research on Fibroid surgery, it was found that India is the most preferred destination for cost-effective fibroid surgery. The numbers of international women visiting India for the treatment of fibroid are increasing every year. The cost of laparoscopic surgery for fibroid is around INR 1,30,000 ($1850) – INR 1,80,000 ($2500), which is quite affordable as compared to other countries. In other developed countries the cost for the same procedure ranges from INR 20,30,000 ($28947) to INR 30,00,200 ($42782).
The mentioned cost may vary according to many factors such as:
- Current age of the woman
- Type of the surgery
- Overall health of the woman
- Previous health records
Best Surgeons For Laparoscopic Surgery For Fibroid In India
- Dr. Firuza Parikh, Mumbai, India
- Dr. Chitra Ramamurthy, Bangalore
- Dr. Rama Joshi, Gurugram
- Dr. Anahita D Pandole, Mumbai
- Dr. Manavita Mahajan, Gurugram
- Dr. Suman Lal, Gurugram
- Dr. Anjali Kumar, Gurugram
- Dr. Dinesh Kansal, Delhi
- Dr. R. Charumathi, Chennai
- Dr. Vinutha Arunachalam, Chennai
Best Hospital In India For Laparoscopic Surgery For Fibroid
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Andheri
- Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Primus Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Pushpawati Singhania Research Institute, New Delhi
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Get the Best Support from Indian Med Guru Consultants
Plan the fibroid treatment with Indian Med Guru Consultants in India. Indian Med Guru is the medical travel partner that acts as the bridge between the overseas patients and the best doctors in India for reasonable price fibroid treatment in India.
Services by Med Guru Consultants India are as follows:
- Basics: The medical visa for patient, appointment with surgeon, stay, meals.
- Professionalism: They follow strict principles in meeting the patient requirements.
- The best only: Patients are provided with the services of the best surgeons only and well-qualified medical teams.
- Budgeted packages: They understand the financial concern and suggest packages within the budget of the patient coming for treatment to India.
- Miscellaneous services: Diet as set by the surgeon, to and free airport travel, etc.
We have fast track services for Our Patients. You can Email us For Fast Track Query Reply- firstname.lastname@example.org or Call us For Immediate Appointment- +919370586696.
Created on Jun 6th 2019 06:45. Viewed 680 times.