STEPS TO CHANGE PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK VIA DESKTOP & MOBILE APPby Gerry Max Digital Marketing Expert
Facebook is used by everyone today as it is the most popular social media network of all time. What was initiated as a site for American university students has become a site connecting more than billions of people worldwide. Pretty much every part of the Facebook experience can be customized by people, including the email address you link with your account. Your email account is used while logging in to your Facebook account and allowing other users to locate you. If you lose access to your email account linked with Facebook or just want to change your Facebook account's email address, then doing so is a quick and straightforward process.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK VIA DESKTOP?
You can use the below steps to change primary email Facebook on Desktop. Follow the steps given below:
- On your web browser, go to the login page of Facebook and enter your current credentials. Then click the forwarding facing arrow on the upper right-hand side to reveal a drop-down list of options.
- Next, click on Settings, and then under general settings, you will see a section for contact information, there you will see your primary email address. Click on the edit option and add an email address or phone number. Click on the button to launch a pop-up in which you can enter your new email address.
- Once done, press the enter key. You will have to re-enter your current Facebook password to confirm the changes. Facebook will send you a verification email where a link would be attached. Click on that to prove that it is your valid email account.
By following the above steps, your Facebook account will have a new email address linked to it.
HOW TO CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK USING MOBILE APP?
- From your phone's home screen, you have to tap the Facebook app icon to open it. Then locate the three horizontal lines in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and tap them to open a list of menu options.
- Then scroll down to locate the Settings and Privacy option and tap it to reveal the sub-menu of additional account settings.
- It will take you to the new screen, where you will see the payment settings, your preferred language, email address, and personal information. Click on Personal Information. Then click on the email address section.
- Edit it and add your new email address. You will be sent a confirmation email that included the link. Click on the link for verification, and then re-enter your password. Add the new email address and press on submit.
Created on Apr 6th 2021 02:02. Viewed 108 times.